• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Longtime developer gone AWOL!

Hi all,

I have been using oscommerce for four years now and had a good relationship with the developer that designed and hosts my site. I recently have been needed coding work done and also some help with finding out why my two hosted sites have suddenly slowed to a crawl with sales and ranking.

After trying to contact my developer via phone messages and emails I get a response from a relative that he is away for a while and no idea on a return date. This is business and I know personal issues can be tough but I need answers and someone that is dependable.

I have been told that unless its an emergency, all development work would have to wait until he gets back. But there is no definitive date!

So, I am here to ask for opinions on what I should do and also what other developer comes highly recommended?

My sites are:

www.lyonsperformance.com

www.protoolzonline.com

Thank you.

@@lyonsperf

I honestly don't see any speed problem with either site and find the sites functional and secure. They are likely based on RC2a and appear to have been security patched so, quite honestly.....I wouldn't change them.

Chris

Thanks Chris. But the issues continue. The host servers have now blocked my ip address and I cannot access the sites from my laptop.

I have contacted them via email and have not received a reply. I can't use ftp or even log on to cpanel because of the block.

The sites themselves are still fine. If you have been making many attempts to connect to your store, your host may have detected this as a Denial of Service attack, and blocked your IP address (to protect the site). You will have to come in from another computer (different IP address) until you can persuade your host that it was you and they unblock the access. Don't make rapid, repeated attempts to get on the site.

Archived