• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

% off filter box or sort by % discount ?

bruyndoncx

I'm thinking , it cant be it hasn't been done before ...

I'm looking for a contribution that operates like a shop by price infobox, but then based on the % discount.

anyone knows of one ?

I've googled all kinds of different combinations of oscommerce with discount / percentage / specials infobox, what am i missing ?

The reason why I'm asking this, although it wouldn't be too hard to code something simple up, i think it would heart performance quite a bit without proper caching etc, so it might need a bit more elaborate to take caching into account, especially if the filter would be dynamic based on other selected categories or manufacturers etc

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Not sure I understand this fully .. would you have a shop by price header then a shop by percentage discount header?

Well, I intrigued myself. Filtering on the specials page.

Did this by adding in an extra column in the DB to hold the percent discount amount (2 lines of code in admin/specials.php).

Then a quick and dirty couple of links in specials.php and a switch to grab what the filter is (and change the SQL appropriately).

Might give you ideas?

Not sure I understand this fully .. would you have a shop by price header then a shop by percentage discount header?

Overall I like the shop by price best on index and category pages, but on specials/promotion pages and outlet/clearance pages, I would like to focus on the % discount and present it in a similar way, and allow sorting by price

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Well, I intrigued myself. Filtering on the specials page.

Did this by adding in an extra column in the DB to hold the percent discount amount (2 lines of code in admin/specials.php).

Then a quick and dirty couple of links in specials.php and a switch to grab what the filter is (and change the SQL appropriately).

Might give you ideas?

Actually, you show sorting, not filtering.

Backend wise, yes an extra database field would be needed as a first step

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I've just looked at johnlewis.co.uk where I have the impression that the clearance% off grouping is setup as a product specification.

Since I already have product specifications by @@kymation installed, if I add the field to the product table, I can just use that to filter as it will allow filtering on any product table field, a field in the specials table would require much more changes.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

@@bruyndoncx

You don't need to add a field to the products table. Just set up a new Specification and filter on that.

Regards

Jim

Yes that is true, but I tend to do quite a bit of price and promotion updates by bulk on admin and through easypopulate.

If I can get triggers going on my database, that would be ideal to maintain a derived field.

Otherwise, I need to amend the logic to update the discount field in a few areas in my admin, adding it to the products (or specials) table overall would be easiest.

I do not want to enter a specification explicitly, it needs to be calculated from the prices, either through a trigger, or a sql script and/or in each page that possibly updates one of the prices.

If I show prices on listings, data is fetched from products and specials tables, having to add specifications would slow things down further, stroughling already now ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Archived