• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My new online fashion accessories shop

BeckyLiu

Hey I'm sort of a beginner at php I don't really know anything but I've NEARLY finished setting up my online store!!!!

Due to these amazing forums (thanks everyone!!!) I've managed to overcome a lot of the glitches I've come accross and learn through my process.

The layout is quite simplistic and I took away all the links/extras because I dont feel I need them crowding up my website. I just wanted it to be straight forward.

Some of the links still are broken because I still yet need to create the page but yeh it's pretty much finished. The layout and design took so long.. nobody told me how difficult it was to implement a customized one! Anyways I welcome all critiques considering I want my site to go viral and I need to it to be as good as it can be before this happens! This includes how it looks in opera, netscape, firefox, internet explorer etc and any errors/potential threats please tell me!!! Thanks guys!!! =D

http://tinyurl.com/c7t385e

It is far from "quite simplistic". It is easy for anyone to see that you have put a lot of work into it. Well done.

For my taste;

it is a bit bare (too much whitespace; I know that you know what that is, I saw your main site :). Overall, too much whitespace - my opinion only).

I really like the logo though, it's cool.

I really hate the horizontal menu - it's too plain. Have a look at "mega menu" style menu's.

Social;

Your site is a perfect site for people who use Pinterest.

Pinterest is going to get much more viral over the coming months.

Thanks for your response and help from earlier posts as well i really value your input and yeh there is a lot of white space. It use to have a background I might go back for it. Im going to take a look at this mega menu also.

Literally just googled it and taken a look at it i'm so glad you suggested that. i saw it on tatty devine and was wondering what it was called. Thank you so much!!!!

I've heard about pinterest never used it? I will definitely look into it! I need to get the name out as much as possible !

Thanks @@burt your input really helped =) I'm really excited. Will start on it as soon as I come back from work!

Hey that really good.

What I think needs improvement though is that your small images needs a lot of time to load. Use a second small image for that.

Other than that concratulations.

Hey that really good.

What I think needs improvement though is that your small images needs a lot of time to load. Use a second small image for that.

Other than that concratulations.

Do you mean made the image in the product listing smaller? And then use a 2nd image for the product info?? Thanks =)

No not smaller. I assume the product listing image is big in its dimensions a gets just scaled down. I, for example, use always one image for the listing which is small in its size and one for the product site.

No not smaller. I assume the product listing image is big in its dimensions a gets just scaled down. I, for example, use always one image for the listing which is small in its size and one for the product site.

Yes, smaller: in the product listings as well as in the detailed view the pictures get scaled. Atm they've got a size of >120KB, which is way too much.

Further points: Don't display categories without any items

FAQ/About us is missing.

Contact us: I suggest using captcha, you'll get enough spam with that in place ;)

In the detailed view/reviews: would be nice if customers would have the option of writing a review.

I like your logo.

Do you really need Suburb and State/Province info? If not, don't ask - nobody wants to fill out long forms.

an amateur project albeit a good start. also one of the very few shops that do not believe in url rewrite (or do not know how to rewrite urls).

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

It is far from "quite simplistic". It is easy for anyone to see that you have put a lot of work into it. Well done.

For my taste;

it is a bit bare (too much whitespace; I know that you know what that is, I saw your main site :). Overall, too much whitespace - my opinion only).

I really like the logo though, it's cool.

I really hate the horizontal menu - it's too plain. Have a look at "mega menu" style menu's.

Social;

Your site is a perfect site for people who use Pinterest.

Pinterest is going to get much more viral over the coming months.

Ahhh man I've been trying to read up on mega menus it looks really difficult and css heavy =/ I found a tutorial here but it doesn't look right/tested and I don't know how to incorporate it into my layout :'( Any pointers?

@@borisr Thanks I don't even know what a suburb consists of I think its more of an american term :blink: I've removed the extra infos including 'company' as well. So pointless.

@@GemRock ha really don't know what that is but I think in the admin panel it has the option to change the url to "search engine friendly links" which looked awful so I changed it back =S

Just installed a captcha using a contribution it looks ugly but at least it will stop spam!

I've also made the product listing images smaller and changed the layout for it slightly. Thanks for the help!

Archived