• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

dot decimal quantities

ellypho

Hey OSCF,

I've got a site selling meats and produce and I would like to charge meat by the kg. Is there a way to put dot decimal quantities? For instance .6kg of meat at $30/kg?

The issue is that the meat can vary in weight so I need to find a way to charge customers based on what I might have in stock.

Ex: Client want's 1.5kg of elk leg roast but I only have a package of 1kg in the freezer and they paid debit online. How could I get around this issue?

I figured I could call them and tell them what I have in stock but how would I then manage the transaction?

Thanks everyone!

I've got a site selling meats and produce and I would like to charge meat by the kg. Is there a way to put dot decimal quantities? For instance .6kg of meat at $30/kg?

I just did this, you can check here

http://testdrive.minitemplatesystem.com/160612_167urmelis/product_info.php/baumwolle-happy-sunny-skies-yellow-p-189

You can order in partial quantities and you can set for each product a minimum quantity and a quantity step. Input fields correct themselves "automatically", various info messages appear.

The whole thing is still in test mode

@@ellypho , There is no addon existing. This is something I did my self, that will make it to an addon maybe

For now it is in test mode and there are are a couple of issues to correct before the above site goes live

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...