• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating prices quickly - contribution suggestions

zefeena

Hi,

I'm just starting a new website and basically will be selling paper sewing patterns - around 4000 different ones. The patterns are grouped in prices and will go up each year as the supplier goes up.

I want to be able to quickly update each block of patterns, not open up 400 items and manually change the prices.

Any one have any contribution suggestion. I haven't yet played with the code, so i'm hoping there is one out there that will do what i want by simply replacing existing files.

I also want to display my products differently. Have looked at the 'products in columns' but not sure if its what i want. I need the picture and description to have plenty of space, and the model number, price and buy button can all be grouped. It is merely for visual effect as obviously customers will have a lot of choice and are hardly likely to want to open each item to see what it is. If they can see it quicly and only if they think they might be interested would they need to open it.

Thank you

Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Either use Easy Populate or I believe there are some price updating add-ons.

Failiny that just use some sql, something along the lines of

update products set product_price = 4.00 where product_price = 3.20

But there are plenty of examples in the forum.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

The Price Updater addon will probably handle your price changes. Let me know if you need the 2.3.1 files -- I haven't had time to upload a new version.

The best way I have found to handle your product listing is to find a site that shows products in a way that you think will work for you, then copy that layout.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you. I have looked at the 'easy populate' i'm just concerned about the idea of downloading and uploading (or rather the sapce of time inbetween), as i have a super slow 0.25mb internet speed!

As for looking at other sites, i did scroll through a few, but the internet speed again caused problems. I am spending soooo many hours trying to sort this - and the majority are just witing. The liklihood of our tiny village ever having a better internet is very slim!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Archived