• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Options as Images

I'm trying to install the MS1 update contribtuion by Meltus, but I am having trouble with running the sql file...

I'm getting the following error:

MySQL said: 

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INSERT INTO configuration SET configuration_title='Large Option Images', configu' at line 5

In the readme file it says:

Also be aware that the SQL supplied hard codes the configuration group to be 14

What does this mean? In PHPMyadmin I can see something like Cardinality 14 for the configuration_group. Is this what i should be looking for?

I tried to modify the sql file a little but with my understanding I can't figure out what's wrong...Can someone help me?

Here's the sql file as included in the Options Images MS1 contribution:

INSERT INTO configuration_group SET configuration_group_title='Product Attribute Images', 

configuration_group_description='Use Images for Product Options/Attributes instead of drop lists.', 

sort_order=5, visible=1

Insert into configuration set configuration_title='Large Option Images', configuration_key='OPTIONS_IMAGES_LARGE',

configuration_value='true', configuration_description='Include larger image in pop-up window on product info page',

configuration_group_id='14', sort_order=2;

Insert into configuration set configuration_title='Small Option Images', configuration_key='OPTIONS_IMAGES',

configuration_value='true', configuration_description='Display Attribute Options Values as images, NOT drop lists',

configuration_group_id='14', sort_order=1;

ALTER TABLE products_options_values ADD options_values_sort INT (3), ADD options_values_image_big VARCHAR(35), ADD options_values_image_small VARCHAR(35); 

ALTER TABLE products_options ADD products_options_parent INT(5);

Thanks!

the sql file has probably got some rogue whitespace in it

try opening with a different editor - such as wordpad on windows and make sure that the whole line gets pasted into phpMyAdmin

I always do one sql statement at a time in order to avoid blanks and to be able to sort out errors.

By the way I just did the complete merge without any problems at all. I although ran into a serious challenge. As my shop deals with 2 languages I have to set up 2 values each time I want one option. This results in an odd situation where I get 4 equal options, ie. 4 x red, 4 x blue, etc.

Anyone have a clou whats going wrong. :roll:

All replies welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice code.. I am using this to make a custom computer creator like Dell's in a sense.. Only thing is!!! ARGHH! It doesnt make sense,

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name, options_values_image_big, options_values_image_small, options_values_sort) values ('0', '1', '','','','')

[TEP STOP]

For some reason, when ever using that list of 10 things under options, its sending the same Product_options_values_id so I am limited to 10 options, which seems completely useless...

Am I doing something wrong? If so, tell me!

Also for those of you having problems with the c.status issue, do this:

1) head into admin/categories.php and around line 1561 and 1565 and change the part of the thing that says

modified, c.status
from to
modified from

2) use this MYSQL DUMP:

ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD `status` VARCHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL ;

And for you guys who are having problems with the mysql dump, send each of them in seperatly, whoever set up left a white char somewhere or didnt set it up as a continuous dump... So enter 5 speperate codes..

OOOO another problem Im having is with the image upload... Folder is created, defined correct and chmod to 777 and still wont work.. permission denied? haha why?!

Im not really worried about the images because I am going to remove them eventually but it still bothers me, problems seem to cause problems :)

Let me know

Bryan Ruiz

President

http://www.nxconnect.com

I'm trying to install the MS1 update contribtuion by Meltus, but I am having trouble with running the sql file...

MySQL said: 

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INSERT INTO configuration SET configuration_title='Large Option Images', configu' at line 5

Also be aware that the SQL supplied hard codes the configuration group to be 14

What does this mean? In PHPMyadmin I can see something like Cardinality 14 for the configuration_group. Is this what i should be looking for?

I tried to modify the sql file a little but with my understanding I can't figure out what's wrong...Can someone help me?

Here's the sql file as included in the Options Images MS1 contribution:

INSERT INTO configuration_group SET configuration_group_title='Product Attribute Images', 

configuration_group_description='Use Images for Product Options/Attributes instead of drop lists.', 

sort_order=5, visible=1

Insert into configuration set configuration_title='Large Option Images', configuration_key='OPTIONS_IMAGES_LARGE',

configuration_value='true', configuration_description='Include larger image in pop-up window on product info page',

configuration_group_id='14', sort_order=2;

Insert into configuration set configuration_title='Small Option Images', configuration_key='OPTIONS_IMAGES',

configuration_value='true', configuration_description='Display Attribute Options Values as images, NOT drop lists',

configuration_group_id='14', sort_order=1;

ALTER TABLE products_options_values ADD options_values_sort INT (3), ADD options_values_image_big VARCHAR(35), ADD options_values_image_small VARCHAR(35); 

ALTER TABLE products_options ADD products_options_parent INT(5);

Thanks!

In reply to one question, what they mean about hardcode to 14 is that first you wanna create your prefrences page this using the

sort_order=5, visible=1

dump then head into your MYSQLADMIN and head into configuration group and see where Product Attribute Images is... Mine was at 15 so i just changed the 14 to 15 and it worked fine for that... Hope that answers your question!

Bryan Ruiz

President

http://www.nxconnect.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I gave up trying to load this contribution on the latest CVS snapshot. If some one could get that working in a short time, it would be truly amazing.

Anyway, I went back to MS1. The problems here are

1. Cannot turn off the optionimages from admin

2 if no images are uploaded then the little red check box wont dissappear.

3. uploading any image (around 3k) gives the following error:

Uploading images give these errors.

Warning: Unable to create 'DIR_WS_OPTION_IMAGESa_bugs_life.gif': Permission denied in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 105

Image File did not upload. Make sure you choose a valid file (less than 200kb in size) using the [browse] button.

Contact Jatech Solutions for help

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php:105) in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maz

Hi guys

I gave up trying to load this contribution on the latest CVS snapshot. If some one could get that working in a short time, it would be truly amazing.

Anyway, I went back to MS1. The problems here are

1. Cannot turn off the optionimages from admin

2 if no images are uploaded then the little red check box wont dissappear.

3. uploading any image (around 3k) gives the following error:

Uploading images give these errors.

Warning: Unable to create 'DIR_WS_OPTION_IMAGESa_bugs_life.gif': Permission denied in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 105

Image File did not upload. Make sure you choose a valid file (less than 200kb in size) using the [browse] button.

Contact Jatech Solutions for help

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php:105) in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maz

Hi

Install seems ok but still getting the following error when i upload any image via the attributes.

Warning: Unable to create 'DIR_WS_OPTION_IMAGESSC30100M.jpg': Permission denied in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 48

Contact Jatech Solutions for help1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

insert into products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name, options_values_image_big, options_values_image_small, options_values_sort) values ('0', '1', 'green','','SC30100M.jpg','')

[TEP STOP]

The catalog/images/options folder is CHMOD with write permissions.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Maz

MySQL said: 

Add a semi-colon to the end of the first INSERT statement...

jb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i have used options_type_feature v 1.6.1 for creating the radio/text/dropdown and works great

Hey all, I am trying to get this contribution to work with price update v3, doesn anyone have these 2 working together? or know how I can get a js to run in the options_images.php file?

Thanks

RavenWulf

• 9 months later...
Hey all, I am trying to get this contribution to work with price update v3, doesn anyone have these 2 working together? or know how I can get a js to run in the options_images.php file?

Thanks

RavenWulf

Have you found a solution to your compatibility problem between Price Update v3 and OTF ? I'm currently looking for the same answer.

• 2 months later...

I have a small problem with this contrib, it seems that after I install it the attributes order gets all messed up, I use attributes sets contrib to create different attribute lists. Here is an exemple:

Before installation:

before.jpg

After installation:

after.jpg