• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can not add new module in admin/modules/boxes

OSC 2.3.1. In admin/modules/boxes it shows I have 1 new module to install but when i click on "install Module" I get a fail to open page error.

Same on my localhost but shows I can add 6 new modules.

Any suggestions?

Discovered that by disabling, bm_banner.php in catalog/includes/modules/boxes that when I click on install module the page does now open. My question now is what exactly is - bm_banner.php ?

Thanks

My question now is what exactly is - bm_banner.php ?

This is a box that does not belong to the default osCommerce boxes, so you installed it your self, there is an addon for this, maybe you have that, maybe something else

The file for it is in folder catalog/includes/modules/boxes/

I agree this file is part of an addon. The site, www.mytinymall.com is quite new and heavily modified. I can't recall what addon this file belongs too. After dis-abling the file, I can now click on the install m odule button and the page now opens but the button shows 3 new modules available but when page opens there are only 1 available choice. When I attempt to install this 1 choice it appearrs all goes will but after completion, the install does not take hold and it still shows as available to install. Being the site is new with little product I am thinking of just starting over but hate to loss all the past work.

Thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in answering.

Tom

Help please. this problem is confusing. Here is the latest. Logged into admin/modules/boxes.

Shows new modules are available to install so when I click in install modules button new page opens showing list of available new modules but when I choose one it will not install. Also if I remove a module it will show as available to be re-installed but will not having same problem as the new modules. If I click difrectly on any of these modules I get the following error:

( ! ) Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in C:\wamp\www\mytinymall\admin\modules.php on line 228

Call Stack

#

Time

Memory

Function

{main}( )

..\modules.php:0

reset ( )

..\modules.php:228

( ! ) Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\wamp\www\mytinymall\admin\modules.php on line 229

Call Stack

#

Time

Memory

Function

{main}( )

..\modules.php:0

each ( )

..\modules.php:229

The error happens both online and on localhost.

I'm desperate.

Thanks

Tom

You have a problem file in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/. It could be a corrupted file or a non-module file that does not belong there. I suggest that you remove all files from that folder that are not a part of stock osCommerce. Verify that the module install page is working correctly, then install any new modules one at a time. Install and test each module before adding anything else.

bm_banner.php is a banner box. See the link in my sig for more info/support. It works fine on many stores, so you have done something wrong in the installation if that is indeed your problem.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

I think I had a similar poblem with one of the banner modules do not remember something Italinish I think the unistall/delete.. and use maybe something similar to the modular front page modules!

regards

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

You have a problem file in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/. It could be a corrupted file or a non-module file that does not belong there. I suggest that you remove all files from that folder that are not a part of stock osCommerce. Verify that the module install page is working correctly, then install any new modules one at a time. Install and test each module before adding anything else.

bm_banner.php is a banner box. See the link in my sig for more info/support. It works fine on many stores, so you have done something wrong in the installation if that is indeed your problem.

Regards

Jim

Great answer and suggestion. I'll do as you say as time permits. All was working fine then it seems out of nowhere problem began. Based on your answer I'm thinking a have "non module" code in the file.

Tom

This is way I like OSC. Folks are always willing to help. Hope one day I get half as knowledgable as some of you and am able to re-pay by helping others.

Thank you'

Tom

Archived