• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what is wrong with my insertion?

xvoyance

tried to insert a record into mySQL. I know the following error message must came from the URL insertion

------------------------------------

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

INSERT INTO products_description(products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, extra_value2, extra_value3) VALUES ('452','1','Ji suan ji gai lun','form:BA

language:chi

[TEP STOP]

-------------------------------------

Therefore, I used urlencode and mysql_real_escape_string

$url=mysql_real_escape_string(urlencode(str_replace('http://','',$book['url'][0])));

The URL string after modification by var_dump is

string(51) "www.worldcat.org%2Foclc%2F276913176%3Freferer%3Dxid"

but still got the above error message.

The full insertion command is

================================

tep_db_query("INSERT INTO " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION .

"(products_id, language_id, products_name,

products_description, products_url,

extra_value2, extra_value3)

VALUES ('". $products_id . "','" . $language_id . "','" . $book['title'] .

"','form:" . $book['form'][0] . '<br> language:' . $book['lang'] , "'<br>,'" . $url . "','" .

$book['author'] . "','" . $book['year'] . "')

");

================================

So, how should I modify it?

You are misreading the error. It is not complaining about the query it is stating that there is no valid MySQL connection resource.

I would hazard a guess that you are running this query externally from osCommerce and without the inclusion of the bootstrapper ( includes/application_top.php )

You are misreading the error. It is not complaining about the query it is stating that there is no valid MySQL connection resource.

I would hazard a guess that you are running this query externally from osCommerce and without the inclusion of the bootstrapper ( includes/application_top.php )

I indeed wrote a separate program to do the job. However, I indeed has included that line.

Anyway, the problem has been solve. It is indeed not that string problem.

It is that ....''''""""...""..'..'''... mixed up.

Archived