• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SMART CHECKOUT (official support thread)

strub

This is the official support thread for Smart Checkout.

Contribution Link:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8459

Version 0.0 umm ?

This promise to be a great contribution, but I bet it will take around 10 versions including 2 + 3 years of pages in the forum to finally make work fine, as everything else.

Hope doesn’t take that long.

Hi dvale, this is version 2.0 Alpha. It is set in the INSTALL file.

but I bet it will take around 10 versions including 2 + 3 years of pages in the forum to finally make work fine, as everything else.

I hope not. I have tested everything twice and solved the bugs I encountered. So it should run correct except for some payment modules I have not tested or new shipping modules. In the Install file you will see what works.

Edited by strub

• 2 weeks later...

When I try the demo I get the message "No shipping available to the selected country".

Can you set up the demo that allows shipping to some countrys, and so it changes the payment and shipping options depending on country. So we can see how this is updated.

If this work propperly you have some good stuff here. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Fredrik

The demo is currently with hiding the shipping options. Just choose switzerland as the country to see it updated.

Thanks for your reply.

Does it support propperly so the payment options and shipping options changes when you changing country, depending on what each country allows?

• 2 weeks later...

This is about the best checkout add-on I have seen to date. This is great work and hope to see it get better. One thing I would like to see but haven't to date is the mandatory "post code/zip code" that does not apply for some countries has never been addressed. I wish it could be turned on or off depending on what country you chose for shipping.

I have few problems:

Mozilla Firefox 13.0. Fresh installation OSC 2.3.1

Layout problems.

post-313317-0-44482400-1341597411_thumb.jpg

post-313317-0-53524800-1341597455_thumb.jpg

IE . Fresh installation OSC 2.3.1

Layout problems. Shipping, payment and total boxes are empty.

post-313317-0-76510600-1341597576_thumb.jpg

post-313317-0-75525000-1341597604_thumb.jpg

Any tips how to get other payment methods to work? I need to modify finnish online bank addons.

Hi, I like this contrib very much, just one thing.

When not logged-in, the shipping method shows only international shipping available (I have the selected country defaulting to the store country).

When logged-in domestic shipping shows correctly but the order total at the bottom of the page still shows the international shipping and hence an incorrect order total.

When using the standard OSC 2.31 checkout all is fine - Any ideas??

Cheers

Simon

@@redrum

Does it support propperly so the payment options and shipping options changes when you changing country, depending on what each country allows?

It should. Just try it out.

@@kebo

One thing I would like to see but haven't to date is the mandatory "post code/zip code" that does not apply for some countries has never been addressed. I wish it could be turned on or off depending on what country you chose for shipping.

That's too specific. You need that to code for for yourself.

@@KariL

On My IE and Firefox 13 it shows right.

Have you tried playing with the CSS?

.sm_layout_box{
border: 1px solid #A6C9E2;
padding: 20px;
margin-top: 30px;}

First, try ginving it a width: 500px just to see if its because of the boxes.

@@simonhornby

Which shipping methods are you talking about and how have you set these up?

And how have you set the selected country defaulting to the store country?

Edited by strub

@simonhornby

Ok try this one out. You need to set the default country like this.

in checkout.php

find:

//set $selected_country_id
//if logged in set $selected_country_id from order class else from selected Post
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$selected_country_id = $order->delivery['country']['id'];
} else {
$selected_country_id = $_POST['country'];
}

Replace with:

//set $selected_country_id
//if logged in set $selected_country_id from order class else from selected Post
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$selected_country_id = $order->delivery['country']['id'];
} else {
//$selected_country_id = $_POST['country'];
if (isset($_POST['country'])) {
 $selected_country_id = $_POST['country'];
} else {
 $selected_country_id = '204'; //here you can set your default country ID
}

}

Hope that works this way.

Edited by strub

It says in the install file that Paypal Standard works but Paypal Express does not. Why would Standard work but not Express? Are you planning on fixing this soon? I really like this contribution but I use Paypal Express.

Express works a bit different than Standard therefore it does not work properly.

Anyway, I have never used Paypal Express as I don't see any advantages for my customers or guests. So I don't fixing that problem. You need to do it by yourself, sorry.

Edited by strub

OK, I do know php pretty well but I am not experienced in working with external sources like Paypal or USPS. I give it a shot though.

Also, from what I remember when I checked a long time ago; Express has less steps in the checkout and automatically returns the customer to your site when done. It also allows the customer to use Paypal without having an account. I found a link below describing the difference.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/299201-v2-2-rc2-paypal-function/page__view__findpost__p__1237173

Of course, this link is older and it may be different now.

@@vampirehunter

Use PWA . This is for 2.2 addon and can be modified to work with 2.31

thanks, if i install this, and a customer orders as guest, does an account get created for them temporarily and then removed? and are there any problems with this one?

let me know.

the guest checkout is my main issue with my new installation in 2.3.1

please advise

thanks, youve been really helpful

add ons that only work briefly and then end up being unworkable.

hopefully someone out there has a guest checkout plugin that works easily.

This addon works well. It just doesn't support Paypal Express Module. Anyway, why will you use Paypal Express when the checkout process is that short?

thanks, if i install PWA, and a customer orders as guest, does an account get created for them temporarily and then removed? and are there any problems with this one?

Yes it creates a temporary account.

It gets not removed in certain cases as far is I cecked that out:

- Gets not removed when a customers returns not back to the checkout_success.php page. This happens by certain payment modules such as Paypal.

- Gets not removed if you check out as guest but don't order something.

Edited by strub

This addon works well. It just doesn't support Paypal Express Module. Anyway, why will you use Paypal Express when the checkout process is that short?

Yes it creates a temporary account.

It gets not removed in certain cases as far is I cecked that out:

- Gets not removed when a customers returns not back to the checkout_success.php page. This happens by certain payment modules such as Paypal.

- Gets not removed if you check out as guest but don't order something.

so that means everytime someone goes to checkout but doesn't order, this temporary account stays in the database?

do you then have to go to admin and delete these users?

I have few problems:

Mozilla Firefox 13.0. Fresh installation OSC 2.3.1

Layout problems.

post-313317-0-44482400-1341597411_thumb.jpg

post-313317-0-53524800-1341597455_thumb.jpg

Is anyone else experiencing this? My page looks exactly like the pics from KariL. I would love to know how to fix this. I tried altering the .css with different widths, that yielded nothing. Changed theme to Redmond from custom, nothing. Can anyone offer any advice, even where to begin looking as my eyes hurt from sifting through code. Both IE and FF give me the same result.

That's weird. On my site it is looking right.

It looks as if your left and right columns are really big in its width.

Have you changed the width's size of the columns?

Edited by strub

That's weird. On my site it is looking right.

It looks as if your left and right columns are really big in its width.

Have you changed the width's size of the columns?

I see what you are saying, but I think it has something to do with everything being dumped on the right. I didn't change the column sizes at all.

blackmountaindesigns.com/catalog

Any help would be appreciated.

I had that same formatting problem before on another contribution. I got it fixed, but I can't remember what I did. It was months ago and I can't figure it out.

Also, I would like to point out a problem.

On the checkout page where you select from one of the shipping and payment options, clicking anywhere in the table row highlights that row. However, the radio button does not get selected like it should. It says in the debugger:

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'document.checkout_payment.payment')

That error pops up every time I click one of the shipping or payment options. I have confirmed this error on my test site and on your demo site.

Finally, I am having trouble with getting the USPS shipping to work. It works fine on the regular checkout_shipping.php page, but not on the SMART Checkout. It shows the error message from the USPS language file instead of the shipping options. I have compared the shipping modules code from checkout_shipping.php to SMART Checkout and I don't see anything different. Any ideas would be helpful.

Edited by acbatchelor

I would suggest just removing the whole checkout.php content and then adding one by one element. So you can find out what element causes the problem.

@acbachelor:

Thanks for pointing the problem with the java. I will fix that as soon as i have time.