Sign in to follow this  
Qvomos

Extended Product in page

Hi folks,

I decided to eliminate the right column on the product page in order to give better display but I am having problems trying to get the center content to extend over to where the right column was. This is on the product page only (product_info.php)

Anyone has any ideas how I can overcome this?

By the way, I am still using the old 2005 architecture and it works great, I have tons of stuff installed and everything a online digital store needs and rarely had any problems. Always grateful to Ponce and crew for such an amazing work.

Thanks in advance

James

Try this (but I'm not sure if it will work)

In your products_info.php find <div class="contentContainer"> and change to a new class.

In your stylesheet add the new class and style it to extend to the right column area. You should be able to do it playing with widths and margins.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Thanks for the reply al3ks but I am afraid there is no such line on product_info.php As I said on my post I am still using an old version of oscommerce, 2.2ms2 - 060817 but thanks for trying to help. That gave me some ideas and I now understand how I have to go about creating a table with a code and associate it to a line in the css file. Thanks again!

Change this code:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

To this:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<?php
if ( false )  {
?>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<?php
}
?>

To get the center column to extend to the right you have to remove the table that the right column occupied.

I just made the PHP parser skip the code, that way if you ever want the right column back you can return it easliy as you haven't deleted the code for it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >