• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PORTUGUESE/ENGLISH CHARACTER SET

donaldlp51

Is your Portuguese language pack designed for osCommerce 2.3.1? The 2.2x versions had a different character encoding.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Is your Portuguese language pack designed for osCommerce 2.3.1? The 2.2x versions had a different character encoding.

Regards

Jim

Jim -

Yes, I have recently installed 2.3.1. It switches languages but certain special portuguese characters are not being translated and are replaced with a "?" character within a rectangle containing a black background.

That's typical. Check the version that your Portuguese language pack was designed for -- it's probably 2.2x. You'll have to convert it and reinstall, or find one that's designed for 2.3.1.

Regards

Jim

Under oscommerce admin, tools, version checker, I am running 2.3.1. Heres my output. Version Checker pixel_trans.gif

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

This appears to not be the problem. I downloaded a language pack that I found here (traducao_oscommerce_2.3.1_v.1.1), but have not executed SQL statements because it appears after installing and uninstalling multiple times that I compound a problem that already exist. So, as a result, I have maually placed the portugues.php and language folders where they belong and here I am. Is there any other options that may be available? Your assistance is appreciated.

I can't tell anything from the file name. Can you give a link to the page you downloaded from?

If you ran the SQL more than once, you have duplicate entries in your database that will need to be cleaned out.

Regards

Jim