• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do I need to do to get to where I can just add products to my page

Ok, I guess I am fairly clueless, and every change I make causes my catalog to dissapear with an error message.

My website is www.ferraraleather.com and I just want to build a shopping cart to add in stock items.

OScommerce 2.2 RC2 is installed on my server, and I can have been able to change the language, set the taxes, get rid of the manufactures box, but when I try to do anything else I loose my "catalog".

Is there a template or something I can install where I can just add a picture, type a description and have an item in my cart? It is frustrating, because when I was just trying to remove the default text from the homepage I would get an error, I don't need anything fancy, just a way for people to check out!

@@Kcinnick

If your cart was just installed and there is nothing in it, I suggest NOT using your current installation......download and install v2.3.1. Then, create your categories and insert your products.

Chris

It was installed months ago, but I never figured out how to use it.

I downloaded 2.3.1, but couldn't figure out how to replace 2.2 with it.

I think I figured out why none of the help files make sense. It was originally installed with Fantastico, so none of the places that the help documentation tell you to look are there. Now if I can just figure out to update to 2.3 through fantastico!

@@Kcinnick

Now if I can just figure out to update to 2.3 through fantastico!

You can't, don't try ! The updates are done MANUALLY by reading the update guide found in the v2.3.1 download.

Chris

Archived