• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need A Fast PayPal Add On Module

Hello Fellow Members,

I require some help please. I have a client that does not like the fact that if anyone buys a product etc, that they are required to make an account up before paying.

While this maybe a good idea, most people want speed, buy and go sort of thing. Now I know there is a "PayPal" add-on that can do this, but I have been looking in the add-on section, and although I think I have the correct one for the job, I would like somebody to confirm this please.

So basically, the add-on must by-pass the "Make An Account" up, and just let the clients pay via "PayPal" please.

This website in question is using the V2.2 RC2 version.

Many thanks for any advice that anyone can give and all the best to all members.

Stephen Smith.

@@Myairportroom

There is NO PayPal module that would allow you to accept a payment without the customer information. The customer can either create an account on your website (which is then shared with PayPal) or on the PayPal website (Which is then shared with your website) . Rampant fraud has is the reason for this. So, let your client know that it is for his own protection that his customers have an account.

Chris

Have a look at: PayPal Express

PayPal express also requires the customer to either have an account on YOUR website or at PayPal.

Chris

Most large retailers have a check out as a guest option. That information is still captured but customers don’t have to sign up to become a member of your site. IMO that’s the way most shoppers like to shop. Otherwise you have to signup for every site you buy at and remembering all your accounts is a big hassle. Guest checkout is what I believe he is looking for.

A guest checkout is an option, but the customer still has to fill out all of the same information as if they were creating an account (minus a password). The information is STILL then stored in your database.....and WILL be required if your customer files a credit card charge back.... so, really there is no such thing as a Guest account anymore.

Chris

Yes, the information will still have to be captured for shipping purposes and such, but it’s more of a convenience for a customer. Why should I try to figure out my username and password to order from this store, when this other store doesn’t require me to register? Fast in, fast out. That’s the way I feel about it anyways.

@@jmdean

Ok, Install the guest account contribution....however, PayPal will STILL require the customer to fill out all of the information OR have a PayPal account in order to complete the checkout process. I think that having to remember your email address and password is much simpler. Especially when most browsers remember them for you anyway.

JMO

Chris

@@DunWeb & @@jmdean

I have read both sides of this issue, and I know what you are both stating, but as much as I know that "PayPal" have their rules and regulations etc what @@jmdean was getting at, bears what I am trying to state also. I agree @@DunWeb, that your browser would remember your Username & Password, for a speedy checkout once the sign up has taken place.

But as stated my client does want a fast checkout, and I can just add "PayPal" buttons for each of his products, and then simple, either you have a "PayPal" account and pay or use your CC / DC. People do not seem to mind that, all this form filling in can cause issues with customers, as they want to buy and go my friends and many buyers on the net today have "PayPal" accounts already..

Chris you mention about a "Guest Checkout" and I knew that was a option, can you please inform me how this is done as I am sure on newer versions of osCommerce this can be done via admin by ticking a box? But on this version being V2.2 RC2, I am guessing a "Add On" is required? Please advise.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and all the best Chris & Mark.

Stephen Smith.

PayPal Express will work as a fast checkout for customer that already have a PayPal account. If a customer have a PayPal account they will then be able to simply loginto their PayPal account and then checkout without filling in more personal info. An account is still created for them in the shop but this is done "automatically" in the background.

"Guest" checkout for 2.2 - Purchase Without Account

"Guest checkout" for 2.3 - Consolidated Login with Guest Checkout for 2.3.1 v1.0

@@toyicebear

Many thanks for your advice and as stated early on in my posts, I did say I thought I had the correct add on for this to work and I have this one now:

While this maybe a good idea, most people want speed, buy and go sort of thing. Now I know there is a "PayPal" add-on that can do this, but I have been looking in the add-on section, and although I think I have the correct one for the job, I would like somebody to confirm this please.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/355

Many thanks my friends for all your help and keep up the good work guys.

Stephen Smith.