• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osC 2.2ms download?

oldcelt

• 2 months later...

Had a considerable delay due to other work. However, now I've downloaded, unzipped and tried to install 2.2ms, the installation hangs at the second page (where it asks if you want to import the database).

I've tried on two PCs - one running XP Pro SP3 and the other running W7, fully up-to-date. Same result in each case. I have tried downloading four times, twice with each machine, so I can only conclude that the zip file is faulty in some way?

Is there a different site from which I could download?

TIA,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Have not tested but you do not need to use the install just upload the files to server, set up an sql database with the sql provided and adjust the 2 x configure files accordingly. There could be a server issue with php!!!

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@oldcelt

What Local environment are you using ?? WAMMP? XAMMP ? You didn't mention it, so my question is, are you just trying to run it without an local environment ? Also, MS2 SHOULD NOT BE USED and will NOT be compatible with many of the local environments currently available for download and NOT compatible with many hosting providers servers either.

Chris

Hi Chris

I'm using WAMP set up with PHP 5.3.9; Apache 2.2.21 and MySQL 5.5.20.

I know 2.2ms won't work with my web hosting provider as it stands. I did start off by saying this is a development project where I want to get the multi-store add-on working. It will, allegedly, work with 2.2ms provided 'Register Globals' is 'ON'. That's not a problem on my development machine and just to get it working is a good starting point to try to bring the whole thing up-to-date. Multi-store add-on seems to have been abandoned by its originator.

John's suggestion is good but then I wouldn't get the sample data installed. I'd be quite happy to temporarily change my version of PHP to an earlier one if I knew what might work.

Ken

Archived