• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

bad code or stupid human ?

mariusmoisa

yes i can see that but i want that wrapp to be white and for Jupiter i can't modify that damn line o code

Hi,

well that is where you installed your shop /public_html/catalog/ ... and here is ...stylesheet.css so this is the one that you want to change.

if you want your shop to be /public_html/stylesheet.css you will need to upload the files to this level and then change 2 files /includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

all the codes you have been given work I guess they are just going to the wrong place???

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

the catalog/stylesheet.css is the one i am working on because this is where i can find that wrapp and the upload to server for the css goes to the catalog/ folder

the catalog/stylesheet.css is the one i am working on because this is where i can find that wrapp and the upload to server for the css goes to the catalog/ folder

http://www.holylands.co.uk/

.ui-widget {

font-family: Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

}

body {

background: #a4dfe7;

color: #000;

margin: 0px;

}

#bodyWrapper {

background: #ffffff;

}

#bodyContent {

}

#header {

background: #f2fafc;

height: 60px;

}

.clear {

clear: both;

}

#storeLogo {

float: left;

margin-top: 5px;

}

http://www.holylands.co.uk/

.ui-widget {

}

body {

background: #a4dfe7;

color: #000;

margin: 0px;

}

#bodyWrapper {

}

#bodyContent {

}

#header {

background: #f2fafc;

height: 60px;

}

.clear {

clear: both;

}

#storeLogo {

float: left;

margin-top: 5px;

}

you will also have to change your template bottom to clear the float the answer was by multimixer again he is pretty good with the grid

http://multimixer.gr/01/12/2010/how-to-set-backgrounds-in-oscommerce-version-2-3-1/

thank you for that i will try later to clear , because all of the modification changed the site and i must reinstall ; but i have question : your site url goes to main without the '' index of / '' page , can u tell me what i am doing wrong ? because when i type www.soundell.com i go to index page and then select the catalog and then , and only then , i get to my site ...

thank you for that i will try later to clear , because all of the modification changed the site and i must reinstall ; but i have question : your site url goes to main without the '' index of / '' page , can u tell me what i am doing wrong ? because when i type www.soundell.com i go to index page and then select the catalog and then , and only then , i get to my site ...

Hi,

There is nothing wrong it is just that by default osc installs in a folder called /public_html/catalog my site is installed at top level which is /public_html/ .

To install the site directly in /public_html/ (top level) you must first OPEN the catalog folder then upload all the files inside the catalog folder itself you do not upload.

John

well that is the problem because i've seen on many contributions that are code lines with address catalog/image... or catalog/includes/... and so one ... and i made an install with just the content but some contributions didn't work .

well that is the problem because i've seen on many contributions that are code lines with address catalog/image... or catalog/includes/... and so one ... and i made an install with just the content but some contributions didn't work .

You can put osc anywhere you want but you must make sure that the 2 x conigure files also point ( are adjusted ) to where the shop is actually installed

/public_html/includes/configure.php and /public_html/admin/includes/configure.php

/public_html/CATALOG/includes/configure.php and or /public_html/CATALOG/admin/includes/configure.php.

If you open the files you should see what I mean these are the 2 x files that say where your shop resides.

John

well the div broke and i could put the image on the background - i thank you for that . for the index of page i've received some help from Mrphil and it was simple : put the htaccess file in the root and put in the htaccess the lines :

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/catalog [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /catalog/$1 [L]

Archived