• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact Us ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER

Hello :)

I am having a few problems with my recently upgraded site. It was upgraded by a professional programmer that I hired who unfortunately isn't now available as he is working on other things and I really would like to iron out the problems with my site and I'm not brilliant with the new set up either so am finding it difficult to understand.

One of the problems is on my contact us page, I have 3 fields Name, Email Address & Enquiry.

When these are filled out and the continue button used it doesn't actually send me the enquiry and just returns to the same filled out page but with the header error message ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER

I have searched and searched to try to find out what this means but cannot find anything that really relates to my problem.

If anyone could help me I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

Thank you for your response, I am beginning to realise this more and more as I go through things on my site, there are many 'little' problems. Unfortunately I cannot get him to fix the problems as he is working on another project and doesn't have time.

Are you able to point me in the right direction so that I can fix this myself? I realise its a big ask but its so frustrating having lots of little problems on my site. I'm working through them, have managed to fix some and am still researching some, but I'm drawing a blank with my research on this one.

I would appreciate any help that you could offer.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

I've found out that the reason it was showing this text is because there was no definition for the error code an enquiry has already been sent. Please try again in 15 minutes.

The definition is now in place however the problem is that it doesn't send the enquiry and an email wasn't infact sent in the last 15 minutes. I have gone through all the files that I was given the link to but really don't know what the problem is.

Any help would be very appreciated, this is doing my head in!!! I have had to put a temporary email contact in place so people can still get in touch but it isn't ideal :blush:

<?php
/*
 $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US);

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid'] == $sessiontoken)) {
$error = false;

$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);
$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);
$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

if (!tep_validate_email($email_address)) {
  $error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);
}

$actionRecorder = new actionRecorder('ar_contact_us', (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ? $customer_id : null), $name);
if (!$actionRecorder->canPerform()) {
  $error = true;

$actionRecorder->record(false);

$messageStack->add('contact', sprintf(ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER, (defined('MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_CONTACT_US_EMAIL_MINUTES') ? (int)MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_CONTACT_US_EMAIL_MINUTES : 15)));
}

if ($error == false) {
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

$actionRecorder->record();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=success'));
}
 }

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<?php
 if ($messageStack->size('contact') > 0) {
echo $messageStack->output('contact');
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
?>

<div class="contentContainer">
 <div class="contentText">
<?php echo TEXT_SUCCESS; ?>
 </div>

<div style="float: right;">
<?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT)); ?>
 </div>
</div>

<?php
 } else {
?>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send'), 'post', '', true); ?>

<div class="contentContainer">
 <div class="contentText">
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><u>****</b></u><br><br>WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH OUR CONTACT US FORM. PLEASE USE THE EMAIL LINK TO GET IN TOUCH WHILST WE ENDEAVOR TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. <A HREF="mailto:***@***?subject=Enquiry"><br><B>EMAIL US</B></A><br><br>Contact Us At:<br>*****<br>Tel: *****<br>Or submit the email form below:<hr></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15); ?></td>

</tr>
		  <!-- Holiday Settings Begin -->
<?php
 if  (HOLIDAY_SETTINGS == 'true')
{  
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_HOLIDAY; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="mainred"><?php echo TABLE_MESSAGE_CONTACT;?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
   <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
} else {
?>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
<?php
}
?>
<!-- Holiday Settings End -->

</table>

</div>

<div class="buttonSet">
<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'triangle-1-e', null, 'primary'); ?></span>
 </div>
</div>

</form>

<?php
 }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Edited by Fallen_Angel

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi guys,

Likewise, I am using osc 2.3.3. I found that the file ar_reset_password.php was missing, so I installed that in my french module. But now I get the 'error_action_recorder ' message in the dutch french and german language sections.

Any ideas?

kind regards

Len

Edited by lennie_boy

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I've done everything about ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER message, the database update was necessary, and I've translated the message

(answer, here, to lennie_boy : the message to translate is in includes/languages/your_language/password_forgotten.php a file to take from the english if you don't have it)

but there is still something wrong : the password is not reseted, nor the message sent

Steps :

1) Login page

2) Click on Forgot my password

3) Fill in the user email

4) Message appears : "A password reset link has already been sent. Please try again in 5 minutes."

Even though I've never reseted it, it is the first time, and even if I wait 5 minutes or 5 hours.

This issue is solved in this topic, it is because the action recorder module is not installed, where it has to be in the administration module panel.