• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is anybody using the Template System?

nan

I figured the easiest solution would be to restore my latest backup to the new system but when I do I loose most of my content on the new system. Most obvious is the columns dissapear.

Well whne you backed up your system, it was with the older DB. The template system has newer tables added in....

templates

web_site_content

articles

web_pages

to name a few that you can export directly into your "back up"....

the columns problem is due to the fact that the configuration table has additional rows added in which coontrol theset up of the columns....

you can add these in saparately as well...once you have installed the back up....get the column controller by Linda McGrath

and look to the sql file she has supplied with her work. This sql needs to be installed.....

cheers and HTH

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does your system include the header controller or am I crazy?

well maybe not crazy.... :wink:

but no I have not included the header control system, but I am thinking when MS2 comes out to include it if it has not been done already.....

cheers,

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Hi Peter..

You might like to have a look at this..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/includes/bottom/account_edit_process.php on line 5

I encounted it when trying to change details on your site..

-lawsy

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE ERRORS ON MY CATALOG. I TRIED BUT CANNOT FIND IT :x

Can someone else check my site. I think i fixed the errors but i cant tell from my machine

I receive the following error everytime I try to register a new user:

Warning: Failed to Receive in c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesclassesemail.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesclassesemail.php:502) in c:phpdevwwwcatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 29

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

check at the end of each file for a blank space of line following the last ?> and delete it

catalogincludesclassesemail.php

catalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php

check at the end of each file for a blank space of line following the last ?> and delete it

catalogincludesclassesemail.php

catalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php

thanks for responding, unfortunatley it didn't work, any other recommendations?

Is this happening to any others?

Well, it looks like the SID killer contribution was the cullprit. I took it out and it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me if this normally works of if I messed up the install?

Or maybe it's already included in the system?

thanks

you may have had the blank line in the SID contribution - that is normally the cause of that particular error msg and tracking it down can be daunting since it can be in any file in the stream of files being called up to the point where the error is finally flagged

glad to hear that you have it working

i would go thru the installation process for the SID killer - there is a SID killer built into the current version of OSC

Hi Cannuck,

Thank you for your reply. I am moving this post from your forum to this forum hoping that if you do not have the time to help me maybe some of the other members here might be able to help me. I checked to make sure that both freeshipper.php and sample.php were present in my module file and they were there however I upload fresh copies just in case the others might have been corrupted but I'm still getting the same error messages.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_free_charger() in c:program fileseasyphpwwwcatalogincludesmodulespaymentsample.php on line 26

and under the shipping module I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_free_shipper() in c:program fileseasyphpwwwcatalogincludesmodulesshippingfreeshipper.php on line 26

Do you have any other suggestion that might help?

Also:

yes this is possible, but you can also just dump from your live site the tables concerned, and load them into your local db....to ensure you do not lose anything from your live site, I would suggest you keep a current copy of the live site of the dump every time to attempt to do this ...easy populate will need to be installed into both systems...then it should be a matter of switching the data back and forth.....

I do have Easy Populate on my live site but could you please give me a little bit more detail on how I can download my live db to my local machine db? I am new to php and OSC and learning as I go, but I don't want to take a change of losing my live site db or anything doing any trial and error on this. I would surely appreciated it

Thank you,

Jose, :D :D

Hi Cannuck,

Just posting this to let you know that I got the freeshipper.php and simple.php error I reported above fix, :D :D and to let you know what the problem was so that you can get it fix on your system. I went back to Linda's addon module and follow the install instructions and found the following error's on your Template System,

1) The "webmakers_added_functions.php" needs to be added to both the catalog and admin functions folders.

2) than the following changes needs to be made to;

/catalog/includes/application_top.php

Replace the line:

// Shopping cart actions

Replace with:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'webmakers_added_functions.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

// Shopping cart actions

3) and than in:

/admin/includes/application_top.php

Add to the very end of the file, before the ?>

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'webmakers_added_functions.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Functions Library

That all I found so far but if I should find anything else I will let you know. 8)

I still need help with the Easy Populate questions if you get a chance to help me with that.

Thank You,

Jose :D 8) :D

Can some one tell me if they've installed the SID killer contribution successfully? I'm having a problem with it as mentioned earlier and I'm not sure if it even works 'as is'

Please let me know if you can

Thanks

If you are using the V-BlueBaby and notice that the boxes are out of alignment

go to thema_boxes in V-BlueBaby and find these lines

define('SIDE_BOX_LEFT_WIDTH', '8');

define('SIDE_BOX_RIGHT_WIDTH', '10');

Set them to

define('SIDE_BOX_LEFT_WIDTH', '12');

define('SIDE_BOX_RIGHT_WIDTH', '12');

and you will get beautifule boxes like

www.groupbuyers.net/catalog

that is the one im using but it is hard to integrate into the template.

also have you used the feedback contrib

I have not used the feedback. Which one is it. I will give it a shot.

Also, what aspect of the affiliate is the problem?

Ok...

The suspence is killing me....

Has anyone had problems with Peters Site ?.. Ive registered, loged in, read the how too's, ordered the product.. logged out..

and have been waiting for the reply email for about 5 days now...

but wait theres more...

now when i try to log back in it wont accept my password, and the i forgot my password link, well that was sending me an email 2 days ago, but I yet to see it either...

Can someone let me know what im doing wrong, or post this mod somewhwre thats a little easier to get too .....

Thanks

-lawsy