• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is anybody using the Template System?

nan

In the Themesosc themes ( Dezina_dove and V-BlueBaby and others) I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image_theme() in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/template/Nuke_Teck/theme_boxes/search.php on line 19

and this in the catalog top

TEXT_GREETING_GUEST.

There are also 2 login boxes

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I omitted this one

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/classes/thema/SITE_THEMA/boxes/search.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/template/V-BlueBaby/header.php on line 137

Just downloaded from your site earlier and all I have is the admin and installs. Is the catalog part separate?

well yes they are separate...the system you downloaded is a complete install of the osc project.....set it up on a test site, try it out....it is based on OSC MS1 .....

this is a fully operational shop contribution so the choice is there to test it or use it.....

Also, there are no instructions or cocumentation. Is there a link for them

working on that part of it right now for those who want to attempt to change there shops into the system....

In the Themesosc themes ( Dezina_dove and V-BlueBaby and others) I get this error  

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image_theme() in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/template/Nuke_Teck/theme_boxes/search.php on line 19  

and this in the catalog top  

TEXT_GREETING_GUEST.

I have been working on the change overs, I think I added the wrong folder to the zip file....I have fixed this, and re-did the zip file. Later today, I will be uploading the themes to my site so you will be able to get just the theme part of the system. I am hoping to make the installation of these into osc a simple point and click this weekend....but if you want, I will email the working themes to you or wait until tomorrow morning and they will all be there....

the login box issue is from me working on adding it the column controller mod. This mod will be in place as well by the end of the weekend, so you will be able to change the column via the admin tool made up for this. I am thinking of a solution to be able to move the boxes around as well in each column so you will be able to really have control on the column structure...

cheers and thanks for the feed back....

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I had made the same mistake, assumed it was an "Add-on" and not a complete install. Other than the issues mentioned about some of the themes, all is working. I'll keep an eye out for the updated file on your site.

Thanks again!

Violet

Peter,

Where are the language files in your catalog version. Trying to open phpbb in the catalog (in the default page) and it calls to the filename_forums in the english files - I cannot figure out where they are now. Apparently others are having the same problem since I received several e-mails asking me the same questions

Other than the issues mentioned about some of the themes, all is working. I'll keep an eye out for the updated file on your site.

if the theme is not working, go to the site and get the theme download, I have uploaded the themes and I have tested them all and know that they were working fine with the system......

just replace the theme folder with the new one you have downloaded....all themes are held in the catalog/includes/templates/ directory......

Where are the language files in your catalog version. Trying to open phpbb in the catalog (in the default page) and it calls to the filename_forums in the english files - I cannot figure out where they are now. Apparently others are having the same problem since I received several e-mails asking me the same questions

The language files ( works with english only for now) are contained in the DB, by doing this, the site text is editable via the admin tool, ste text editor found in the customization box.

If anyone want to work one the multiple language capability, I would do the programming part of it, just need someone to translate the site text into the other language. If you want to add in other language text that is used in the system, either from a contribution you want to add in or if I missed something, the same tool will allow you to do this as well....

the DB table web_site_content holds all of the english files now....except for what you see in the file includes/language/english.php

you can remove the button for the forum, or install phpBB ...this is just a sample of how you can add the forum into the site, and have both sites looking similar..(since people where asking about this).....

cheers and HTH

Peter McGrath

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

This is truly an excelletn idea Peter. I am willing to do the translation to Spanish. Just let me know what you want me to do.

Also, if you can give me some pointers on how everything relates I would like to give a shot at converting sme of the other mods to make sure they work. I think Gunter's Registry for one would be great.

Although I changed what mainpage said in the BlueBaby theme, it did not show up in the catalog.

Tried to delete some countries and it will not delete them via admin. I tried with another version of the cart and it worked there so I think it is a quirk in this version.

I do not see the parts from application top that you can use to control what is require in the account signup page like DOB, Gender, etc. Maybe that part can also be controlled from the web editor.

I would also like to take a shot at setting some of the phpbb parts to integrate fully with OSC. Specifically, I want the forum registration to automatically create a shop account or vice versa (as long as they have to agree to the terms that governs both). I think the easiest way to do that would be for the forum and shop to share certain data records like the username, pw, etc.

Errors:

Just got this one

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/paypalipn_txn.php was not found on this server.

I am willing to do the translation to Spanish. Just let me know what you want me to do.

Well PM me with your email address, and I will send you the instructions on what to do, it is not difficult....just I only know english, and well I just do not have time to do that part of it....most of it can come directly from existing language files (any language)....and be put into the DB table and the language file.....same structure, just needs the spaces filled....

Also, if you can give me some pointers on how everything relates I would like to give a shot at converting sme of the other mods to make sure they work. I think Gunter's Registry for one would be great.

this is the reason I developed the system as I did....I have not tested many contributions, but I do not foresee any major difficulties in implementing any contribution that works with MS1.

To set up a contribution, the main files you usually work with are the top files and adding in of the language files. So, if you are adding in for example a moduale that displays the products differently .....the page the contribution would effect would be the product_info.php file.....

All other files, which would go into the functions or modules folders are performed exactly the same.........

Now the instructions in the contribution say add in this code here, or change the code here into such and such....

With my system, the procedure is exactly the same, except where the parts of the code are held now....

the top part of the file from the first <?php tag to the closing ?> tag found (just before the <header> tag) is in the exact same spot, namely the top most files in the catalog......any code that needs to be changed in this part for the contribution is found in these files, there are all the exact same name as is found in the standard osc.....

next, if the contribution effects the display of the page (ie addes a form field, or changes the display look), this part of the code is found in the includes/body directory.....these files are what is normally found in the standard osc files, <--text body -> part of the file......so change the code in here for the contribution.....this is most of the contributions found for osc....

Now to find the right file....they too are named exactly the same as standard osc.....so, change the pages here....changes here will effect the center or body portion of your page.....

The java and bottom are done the exact same way in the respective /includes folders....if you are adding java to a page, look at how this is achieved with one of the java files.....Make sure you have the top file "turned on for java"....just switch the varialbe $java == 'true'

each template layout has it's own boxes, buttons, images etc held in the template directory....as well as the catalog.php file which controls the actual HTML layout for that template....

Although I changed what mainpage said in the BlueBaby theme, it did not show up in the catalog.

Did you do this via the admin tool or the actual file in the cat languages/english/mainpage.php file?

If by the admin tool, this is due to I am in the process of changing the functionality of the mainpage contribution, you might need to do this via the files for now and not the admin tool....

Tried to delete some countries and it will not delete them via admin

Not sure why this is so, I have not changed any of the functionality of this....it is standard osc......

I do not see the parts from application top that you can use to control what is require in the account signup page like DOB, Gender, etc. Maybe that part can also be controlled from the web editor.

This I believe is now set up via the configuration.php file.....it is part of the standard osc release (MS1), look under customer details......

Errors:

Just got this one

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/paypalipn_txn.php was not found on this server.

Thanks, I thought I had that in there though, it is a file from the IPN contribution.....let me look, since I have one directory I always use to zip things up with....if you get the contribution, just upload it to the cat includes/ directory......

Peter McGrath

I'm wondering about the potential of using another site's database (MS1) with your install. This other site already has alot of product in, so I don't want to lose that.

I was successfully able to connect your version to the database, but of course none of your work is the DB yet (template tables, etc).

Is there a quick-n dirty way to add your additional DB info into my phpmyadmin, or is there far more to it than just the templates & editors to worry about? I'm not an SQL expert, so be gentle :lol:

Thanks,

Violet

For some reason, the text for the mainpage is not showing up at all. I have catalog/includes/languages/english/mainpage.php set to 777 for permissions... am I missing something else?

I've even tried hardcoding it, but nothing... it does show up in the admin text editor, just not in the catalog.

Thanks,

Violet

Is there a quick-n dirty way to add your additional DB info into my phpmyadmin, or is there far more to it than just the templates & editors to worry about? I'm not an SQL expert, so be gentle

let me get my soft gloves....

Actually, if you look in the file install/oscommerce.sql you will find what you need in there...

look for four tables and the associated inserts,

articles (may not have inserts)

web_pages (has inserts)

web_site_content (has inserts)

templates (has inserts)

copy all of the tables (include the drop table part) sql statments.

paste these (one at a time will do it too) into phpMyAdmin run sql text box...or into a separate file....if you use a file you can do it all at once, using the upload feature of phpMyAdmin

click.....do the same for the data inserts (must do the table part first)

now you have the four different tables needed for

the templates

editing of the site text

adding in articles of interest

adding in web site pages (ie about us, shipping, conditions etc...)

these are the major changes......

For some reason, the text for the mainpage is not showing up at all. I have catalog/includes/languages/english/mainpage.php set to 777 for permissions... am I missing something else?

I've even tried hardcoding it, but nothing... it does show up in the admin text editor, just not in the catalog.

try the URL

http://www.yourstore.com/index.php

the main page is set up with the index.php page.....not on the default.php page....

cheers and HTH

Peter McGrath

Me again :lol:

I tried that URL (assuming you meant put that in the address bar), but I get "page cannot be found", I don't have anything set in my htaccess for the root as the site will have an entrance page.

I did try www.mysite.com/catalog/index.php but I also get "page cannot be found".

My htaccess for /catalog/ has the following for the index page:

DirectoryIndex index.php default.php

I know I'm having blonde moments today, so what am I missing? If it matters, I'm using the babyblue theme

Thanks again,

Violet

Noticed something else... don't know if it helps or not. (Browser) error on page:

Line: 67

Char: 101

Error: Unterminated string constant

Code: 0

I'm assuming this is a javascript error... but I know nothing about javascript.

Thanks again,

Violet

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/kickass.no/httpdocs/ka/includes/bottom/account_edit_process.php:2) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/kickass.no/httpdocs/ka/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Got this error when trying to save account information after changing password. What does this mean?

I am getting this error despite the fact that this table exists

Page name Title of Page Body Last Modified

1146 - Table 'test.TABLE_WEB_PAGES' doesn't exist

select page_id, page_name, page_title, date_modified from TABLE_WEB_PAGES order by page_name

select page_id, page_name, page_title, date_modified from TABLE_WEB_PAGES order by page_name

Add these two lines to admin/includes/application_top.php:

define('TABLE_WEB_PAGES', 'web_pages');

define('TABLE_ARTICLES', 'table_articles');

This is a very interesting contribution indeed - I have only just installed it, so I'll post my comments when I've had more time to play about with it.

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

osCommerce UK <-- This site is for sale!

Hi all

I did try www.mysite.com/catalog/index.php but I also get "page cannot be found".

My htaccess for /catalog/ has the following for the index page:

DirectoryIndex index.php default.php

Opps...my mistake.... :oops:

I use an index.php page, I thought I included it with the zip file...I did not do this.....the zip file is updated now though....

Noticed something else... don't know if it helps or not. (Browser) error on page:

Line: 67

Char: 101

Error: Unterminated string constant

Code: 0

Yes it is a java script error....this is from the themeosc themas....I believe I have fixed this up now as well.....have a look at the templates available with the themeosc lable at the http://www.hosting-osc.com site....you can now preview them before downloading the theme (not all are set up yet).....

My bandwidth is getting high, but I am still determined to offer the system for free, (over 300 downloads in May alone)....

I am hoping that people will download what they need, and not everything...to help in this, I have removed all of the layouts (except for the standard osc) from the system, and made them available as individual downloads. As well, I have modified the admin portion of the template system, so now you can do the install via the template tool....just upload the folder and do the rest via the admin tool...Instructions are proivided in this process via the templates tool in the admin....

Code:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/kickass.no/httpdocs/ka/includes/bottom/account_edit_process.php:2) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/kickass.no/httpdocs/ka/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Got this error when trying to save account information after changing password. What does this mean?

I looked it over and fixed this.....to fix it yourself, open the file cat/includes/bottom/account_edit_process.php and remove the top leading empty space....this will fix the error you have....

As tobz stated, just add in the lines into the admin/includes/application_top.php file the lines

define('TABLE_WEB_PAGES', 'web_pages');

define('TABLE_ARTICLES', 'articles');

place them where the other table defines are done....

And to all who are replying and letting me know about any errors, thanks...without you out there, it would not progress as it has been, I have added in the column controller functionality now into the main system download, but if anyone wants to add it into their system, I will post a patch file that will allow you do do so....please let me know via this thread, and I will put a patch package up. The current system has this in place now....

cheers and thanks...

Peter McGrath

Hi Peter,

I have managed to add to the existing DB with no problems, thanks!

However, I am still unable to view any added text on the main page of the catalog (I can see it i the preview in Admin, just not catalog). I re-downloaded but didn't see an index page in the catalog, only in install and admin.

Thanks,

Violet

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the offer, I am sure I will be ok.....was just surprised at the response and the amount of people wanting it I guess.....The bandwidth should not be a problem, as a side note I noticed that the developement team is releasing MS2 soon....

I will be updating the system to work with that as soon as it is released (no template system in it)......

cheers

Peter McGrath

No, the template system is slated for MS3, always has been. I just wanted the code separated sooner so template systems could be designed now and not have to all be rewritten over and over again.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

No, the template system is slated for MS3, always has been. I just wanted the code separated sooner so template systems could be designed now and not have to all be rewritten over and over again.

well I would start making templates up that are similar to my system, and if the team diverges from it much, changing them over to their system should not be difficult, if you are interested we could work on something along these lines as well...interested in doing some other things, then email me and we can discuss them in private....

cheers,

Peter McGrath