• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Additional image/ product info image gallery doesnt work

BeckyLiu

Im using oscomerce 2.3.1

Hadn't edited the product_info file at all but after I uploaded a few additional images to the product, the FIRST main image I uploaded disappears and in replacement it shows the first of 3 additional image i've uploaded but nothing else. When I hover below it (nothing is there) it changes the images erratically like a crazy psychedelic flashing image thing.

Deleted the css coding and stuff to see if I messed it up through that but nope same issues?

The blue grid box is just a "tester" image to see if the function actually worked but it hasn't. The shop layout has been edited but only slightly! I've added a superfish horizontal drop down menu and horizontal product listing contribution but that is it

:'(

Pulling my hair out. The Product_info file is as it was when you first upload it and hasn't been altered. When I've tried altering it I've managed to find out where the original main image is and show it but then the rest just messes up?

Sorry if that's confusing but I really need help I'm a beginner at php I barely know anything so please talk to me in noob terms

Print screen here:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lka6th.png

since you are using a local server, i suggest you install the original osc v2.3.1 to see if it works (the Samsung Galaxy Tab has multi images including a youtube vedio, ideal test for this multi image feature).

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

@@GemRock Thanks for the reply. Just uploaded a clean version downloaded from the website and uploaded it and the exact same thing happens? I've print screened to show you

http://i50.tinypic.com/3537600.png

Below the samsung image there's NOTHING but when I click on the image to upen up the fancybox/gallery thing it opens up and I can press < and > to scroll through the images but I can't see anything underneath the actual image. When I hover below it it does the exact same thing it just goes schizo flashing

EDT: I've just opened both of them up in Safari and they work perfectly. It must be a google chrome incompatibility which is really annoying. I don't know how to make it compatible either. I'll just have to use safari, which I hate, to edit it.

no, this multi images feature has no browsers compatibility issue (you can check it out using different browsers on my test osc 2.3.1 site, url in my profile - run from folder osc231). i think you probably need to do it real: install it on a live server. on a local server, file path could well be an issue, and if the jquery and other javascript files fail to load/run, then the problem you are experiencing.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

not on my tests: chrome, FF, opera, IE9, unless my version of osc (2.3.1) has originally fixed this, which i would not look in details as likely for a really shop i would get rid of all of it (multi images) and use mine instead.

see live demo www.mysite(see profile)/osc231/gadgets/samsung/samsung-galaxy-tab-p-28.html

Ken

ps, then its mac problem. my chrome shows no problem. screenshot:

http://www.uddwebsites.co.uk/chrome.jpg

Ohhhh i did try to search the forum but a load of irrelevant stuff came up.

Such a simple solution I'm such an idiot Thank you @@burt !!!!

Matts .css solution is straightforward.

I fixed up the actual bxgallery .js script, which will appear on my github in due course.

@@GemRock - your site suffers a similar problem in Chrome. ...

did you not see the google chrome screenshot i posted above??

ALL the 4 browsers i mentioned above look/behave exactly the same.

Ken

just turned on my xp computer and tested chrome on my test/demo osc 231 site for the multi images, NO problem, still exactly the same as i reported above (on windows 7 + chrome). wonder what sort of computer/op you guy use? windows 98??

what i cant verify is mac machines, which i have never owned or wanted (that includes iphone - anything from apple is a NO NO for me, and i think i am right: samsungs forthcoming smartphone is better).

Ken

did you not see the google chrome screenshot i posted above??

ALL the 4 browsers i mentioned above look/behave exactly the same.

Ken

I'd say a video beats any number of screenshots.

That video was shot on a PC running Win XP and Chrome.

Just in case you are not aware - the video is of YOUR demo site.

i dont think whether its a screenshot or a vedio would be relevant in this case. if it works, a screenshot is more than enough.

my conclusion: if you cant see that the multi images of osc 231 function as intended, then something in you guys system is dodgy, and is beyond the imagination of relevant jquery creator(s).

btw, just in case, my chrome.exe has a version # of 18.0.1025.168 and a date of 28/04/2012

Ken

...Just in case you are not aware - the video is of YOUR demo site.

yep the site IS MY demo site, BUT the computer is YOURS!

Ken

Everything is fine except I've just realised on my product info page it doesn't show the main photo I uploaded still. Only the additional ones? Even the larger main image is of the 2nd image i've uploaded :'(

WHY WONT THINGS JUST WORK!!

i dont think whether its a screenshot or a vedio would be relevant in this case. if it works, a screenshot is more than enough.

my conclusion: if you cant see that the multi images of osc 231 function as intended, then something in you guys system is dodgy, and is beyond the imagination of relevant jquery creator(s).

Yes, it could well be the rest of us that have problems with Chrome :- LOL

Everything is fine except I've just realised on my product info page it doesn't show the main photo I uploaded still. Only the additional ones? Even the larger main image is of the 2nd image i've uploaded :'(

WHY WONT THINGS JUST WORK!!

You have to understand how it works. If you have only a main image with a product, it won't show as a gallery. It shows everywhere else (eg product review page, new products module and so on). The large images show in the bxgallery. Therefore to have the main image show in the gallery it needs to be BOTH the main image AND a larger image.

...Yes, it could well be the rest of us that have problems with Chrome :- ...

really? so far theres only TWO of the rest, one being on a mac which doesnt count.

i would very much like any others to report here that they join the rest of YOU, stating their op/chrome versions and i'd be very happy to take the issue to chrome although the chance is very slim. or i could as well say the rest of us do not have problem with chrome.

btw, if i digged out my another old pc that still has IE6 on it, i could report/claim on this forum that half of the osc231 scripts/heatures do not work, and offer my 'fixes' :lol: , where the problem doesnt exist in the first place on a reasonablely maintained and up to date machine.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you can help me.

I don't have any problem with any of the images. They show up nice and the small thumbnail images hovers pretty good and everything else, but, here is what I need from the small thumbnail images.

You can hover the image, but if you click on it, nothing happens, and what I need is simple as popping up the big picture if you actually click the small thumbnail image.

Here is the code I think I have to work on it and I hope you can tell me what to move, remove or create to make those little bastards clickable.

<?php

$pi_counter = 0;

while ($pi = tep_db_fetch_array($pi_query)) {

$pi_counter++;

$pi_entry = ' <li class="wrapper_pic_div"><a href="';

if (tep_not_null($pi['htmlcontent'])) {

$pi_entry .= '#piGalimg_' . $pi_counter;

} else {

$pi_entry .= tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $pi['image']);

}

$pi_entry .= '" target="_blank" rel="fancybox" style="width:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH).'px;height:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT).'px;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $pi['image'], '', (PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH + 2), (PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT), ' style="width:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH).'px;height:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT).'px;"') . '</a>';

if (tep_not_null($pi['htmlcontent'])) {

$pi_entry .= '<div style="display: none;"><div id="piGalimg_' . $pi_counter . '">' . $pi['htmlcontent'] . '</div></div>';

}

$pi_entry .= '</li>';

echo $pi_entry;

}

?>

</ul>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function(){

$('#piGal ul').bxGallery({

maxwidth: '',

maxheight: '',

thumbwidth: <?php echo (($pi_counter > 1) ? '71' : '0'); ?>,

thumbcontainer: 245,

load_image: 'ext/jquery/bxGallery/spinner.gif'

})

});

</script>

<?php

} else {

// $image_width = (PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH +(262 - PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH));

?>

<?php echo '<div id="piGal" class="wrapper_pic_div border-img" style="width:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH).'px;height:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT).'px;"><a class="prods_pic_bg" href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="fancybox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH), (PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT), ' style="width:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH).'px;height:'.(PROD_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT).'px;"', '', '') . '</a></div>'; ?>

<?php

}

?>

<script type="text/javascript">

$("#piGal a[rel^=fancybox]").fancybox({

cyclic: true

});

</script>

<?php

}

?>

Thank you verymuch at front.