• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LuxuryHaven.com -- help me to further improve the site

Sunburn

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say I LOVE oscommerce! and my site can be created quickly and featured pack because of it. : )

At the same time, I would love to get feedback from everyone on how I can further improve the website. Thank you in advance.

checkout www.luxuryhaven.com

Cheers

Sam

Cheers

Sunburn Sam

-------------------------------------

www.luxuryhaven.com

I like what you've done! Very nice, but I would change the color of the links on the main page. I think the blue is too 'cheap' looking.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Oooops......There seems to be a define missing......if you have removed an item from the cart you get TEXT_CART_EMPTY.

The design is very clean and classy.....I have to aggree with Mattice, the blue links need to be changed....Pehaps a deeper blue would still register as a link in the consumer mind but, also fit better with the overall feel.

Nice, very nice. Theres nothing about it that I don't like - it's all good.

I don't think that your "tell a friend" button is working on the product pages.

Also you might want to look at changing the checkout procedure, so that the buyer is presented with the signup form rather than the login form. It *will* increase your sales.

hth

Well done! Great way to make OSC not look like OSC.

Couple of things to review: Your about us page is not centered like your other pages. Also, your testimonials text doesn't seem as elegant as the rest of the site. Try tweaking the CSS to a slightly smaller font and I think you'll have a feel that fits better with the rest of the site.

Again, great job!

Ryan Thrash

I really like how your shopping cart page looks when there are things inside it. Is there a contribution somewhere where I can get this code, or is it custom-made for your site? If so, could you post it? :lol:

I really like how your shopping cart page looks when there are things inside it.  Is there a contribution somewhere where I can get this code, or is it custom-made for your site? If so, could you post it?  :lol:

Hi Delaen, I am more than willing to share. Just email me --> [email protected] and I will email you the codes. If you need any help feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Sunburn Sam

Cheers

Sunburn Sam

www.luxuryhaven.com

A handy contribution would be nice ... I rather like the look you acheived on the cart as well ... :D

The shop looks rather slick. You did a nice job.

Thank you mattice, I will be "upgrading" the front page... and will be replacing the blue links with GREY links (underlined)

Thank you webhost and iamcanadian2 for the kind comments

Thanx BirdBrain for pointing out the TEXT string error on my cart.

Thanx burt.... I am developing a new module for "TELL a FRIEND" so that it is integrated with my customized marketing module. Heheh but will be enabling a simple version first by tomorrow

Thanx rthrash....I have made the changes....phew...its shows what happens when you rush!!

:) Thank you and please keep posting your feedback!!

Cheers

Sunburn Sam

www.luxuryhaven.com

• 1 month later...

hello sunburn,

nice site and nice products to boot. I was wondering how you did your category menu? did you custom put the subcategories in yourself or they done automatically? If done automatically, can you share me ur code to display the subcategories of one categories seperately. (ex. first category men...wallet, belt, bags,...second cateory, women..hangbag, wallet, etc).

i like how that is done instead of listing the entire categories like the stock osc has.

johnny

Amongst my friends we use the word "gucci" to denote something cool and stylish. It seems an appriate description of your site.

One minor niggle I picked up one is that when you click on a image to get the alternate / high res picture the popup window is to small for the image.

Wow man!

You made it hard to believe that your site is running under osCommerce!

:D

You've done so many great changes and have created a very well structure, presented and developed OSC webstore.

Congratulations!

For all of you looking for good ideas to improve your websites don't forget to take it a look: http://www.luxuryhaven.com

Just one thing disappointed me: why don't you have those cool Montblanc cufflinks at the store?

You know, those with the internet symbols: ;) and @ ... i also saw ones with the dolar ($) on them. Those are pretty cool too.

But the smiley is my favorite!

:D

Going back to your website, it is very unique to find so many good coding changes along with those atractive and elegant design concepts all together in the same website.

Usually good coders aren't good graphic designers and viceversa.

Have you done all by yourself or was there a team involved?

I agree with those that think you should put the whole website code as a Contribution for the OSC community.

Congratulations once again.

Jose Delgado

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"I wish I were smart enough so I could end all my posts with one of those famous and brillant phrases!"

J. Delgado, amateur philosopher (2003)

nice lookin' site you got there!!

i would keep the color of link in the main page

i mean just change it to some other blue

#146DC0 <- this might work or #0A5AA4 <- this might do it

try and see :wink:

if you change it to gray i think it would look too plain. no?

just a thought

and i have a question to ask you

on your product info page, i see list price, our price and you save

what kind of contribution is that? or did you modify it yourself?

Archived