• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ECHO INC PAYMENT MOD

teksigns

i have signed up for echo inc test account .

they have sent me the info

when i install the payment mod.

then enter my account info :

ECHO ID# 123>3456789

PIN# 12345678

i put this info in the echo

payment module and tried a test

transaction

i get a white page with this on the screen

Verification of your account FAILED.

Please go back and replace your order.

what is wrong .

i had authorize.net working before

so i know that curl is installed correctly ....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i changed my echo_class.php

i added this to the curl section

and now i get a little different responce .....

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

now i get this responce :

white page with this

Verification of your account FAILED.

Transaction declined

Authorization with Address Verification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The card is expired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processed by Electronic Clearing House

however

i enter 2/2005 as my expiration

and this is what shows right before i hit confirm .

however when i look at the log in echo account

it shows 2/2002

???????????

ask echo what the difference is with their 'testaccount' & a real one, maybe they dont pass all variables right with a testaccount

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

also

how do i force the cvv and av

i would like a new field for the cvv

also one question .

does echo always return the white screens

when using OSC instead of the normal

screen with the red notification that there was a problem processing card....

I have been having the same problem as well. I have called the ECHO programmers and have not been given much help at this point. They have asked me to submit an e-mail to [email protected] with my problem. To be fair, it has not yet been a full business day to give them a chance to respond.

I will add though, that i find it dissapointing that they would not put me in touch with a person that works specifically with the ECHO Cart (their osCommerce powered storefront) or the osCommerce module add-on, but instead insisted on using e-mail as the mode for communication. I do understand that customer problems should go through a process, but that process should be flexible and Customers should be able to talk directly to a person if their situation warrants it or if they ask specifically to do so.

I did find out that the gentleman Alex Schultz? that wrote the module for ECHO is a contractor for the company so in house support may not be available.

Hopefully, they will respond tomorrow and i will be able to sing their praises in this forum later in another post as i know that it is important for future osCommerce users to have accurate information about the level of service provided by different companies when making the decision of which credit card processing vendors to use in the future!

To ECHO's detriment i will add, that the prices quoted for the transaction rate on their website and by their sales team were not the same as what the prices printed on their merchant banking agreement when it arrived. The price i was given to sign was 1/4 percentage point more. I am still investigating the reasons for this. Certainly, It may do with my volume and/or my existing credit, which is not perfect but not too bad, just like a lot of people. I only mention this as something for future osCommercer's to be aware of and to ask questions ahead of time.

I wanted to add when i referred to having the same problem as well, what that problem is in case it isn't obvious.

Quote: Verification of your account FAILED.

Running Loaded 5 MS1

on linux with curl (working) php 4.1.1 using my own SSL certificate with 128 encryption.

I've been testing (successfully) the cart as well on Ian's Loaded 5 snapshot. Make sure they have you listed in the system for being able to do test transactions. Like USPS shipping, a quick call could save some strife.

Also, you might remove the ">" symbol. It's an unneeded leftover from the old way they handled their accounts, and removing it won't negatively affect anything.

Ryan Thrash

I have removed the > sign from my account number and I am working with a Live Account that they have verified as Live and in their system. I was also looking at the ECHO php class file from the Open Echo website that i downloaded with their php example file to test on my server. I see that they recently made an update 03-21-2003 - fixed issue with cURL 7.10.3 + Win2k -Salim. Not sure but i think this latest version of cURL (which i am running) may be the root of my problem, even though i am on a Linux box and not Windows. I'll post back when i have an answer.

Hey guys,

I wasn't aware of this thread until Luke mentioned it.. I'll try to answer any questions I can, but we will be able to respond quicker through [email protected]. We just put up a new forum at http://www.openecho.com/phpBB2/ and hopefully that will turn out to be a good resource for problems.

Luke, we have received your emails and I have forwarded them to Alex Schultz. Make sure ssl is compiled into cURL.

curl.jpg

teksigns: can you email us with your current problem?

Thanks,

-Salim

Does anyone know of a way to interface with ECHO without cURL support? I have moved hosts twice because of non cURL support. My current host does not offer it now either (they said that they did when I signed up!)

I need to get my shop going and cannot move hosts again right now. Is there another way to connect to ECHO payment gateway aside from the payment module that currently exists for OScommerce?

Just a few things for today. I'll be taking a look at the credit card epiration date today, but I believe i had previous fixed it. If not I should have a fix by this evening.

teksigns:

I will look into the credit card expiration issue, but I believe it was addressed in the 1.4.x series. If not I'll have a fix for it this evening.

oishf7:

Your echo_php_example.php results should look like the following:

echo_php_example.jpg

I was looking through your email exchange with the ECHO support staff and I do not believe you have SSL support compiled into curl. You indicated that your curl information was as follows:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.3 zlib/1.1.3

It would include a OpenSSL/0.9.6b in there if it was compiled into cURL. (Version numbers may vary)

Gata:

I am currently working on a non-curl version for php4.3.x with OpenSSL support compiled into PHP (no curl needed). If your host has SSL compiled into PHP 4.3.x then you will be able to use this class file instead.

-Alex Schultz

ok guys

I fixed my problem

there is a typo bug in the contrib on this site

if you look in

includes/modules/payment/echo_cc.php

find

$echoPHP->set_ccexp_month($HTTP_POST_VARS['cc_expires_month']);

$echoPHP->set_ccexp_year($HTTP_POST_VARS['cc_expires_month']);

you need to replace it with

$echoPHP->set_ccexp_month($HTTP_POST_VARS['cc_expires_month']);

$echoPHP->set_ccexp_year($HTTP_POST_VARS['cc_expires_year']);

seems it was using the month in the place of year and month .....

anyways my errors have gone ......

now im trying to figure out how to Use

CVV.

anyone know how?

curl --version

curl 7.10.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6 zlib/1.1.3

Alex i recomipiled cURL and now my cURL info says this....

Do i now have to recompile PHP to work with this newly compiled version of cURL?

It would be helpful in the future to add the directions of complile cURL with SSL to help prevent others from running into this same problem.

This is how the current Read Me file reads:

directions:

1) Install the catalog and admin code (use the _CVS_ version (2.2)) from osCommerce

2) Make sure to install CURL

3) You will need the cvs version of PHP and you _MUST_ compile with --with-curl

I am leaving town for the next two days but can't wait to get back at it on thursday!

Thanks for your reply alex!

at least the example page does...

I had to recompile cURL with SSL. Then i went a head and stopped and restarted the server...

php didn't see the new curl until i did that...

NOW to test the payment module.!!!!!!!!

I have the module working and successfully tested...but when i log into my echo account, it is storing the year wrong for the credit card. ex. my test was 2006, showing as 2003 under the Exp Dt heading....

it is displaying properly in my database and in my osCommerce admin.

I have the module working and successfully tested...but when i log into my echo account, it is storing the year wrong for the credit card. ex. my test was 2006, showing as 2003 under the Exp Dt  heading....

it is displaying properly in my database and in my osCommerce admin.

i have already posted a fix for the problem

please read the post above

This was fixed in 1.4.1 but somehow crept back into 1.4.2:

01/21/2003 - ECHO Payment Module v1.4.1 Author: Alex Schultz

Fixed the year not properly being sent to ECHO.

Fixed issues with PHP 4.3.0.

We'll put up a new version soon, we're also working on a cURL-less solution.

Thanks,

-Salim

oishf7:

You need to recompile curl (and apache if you are not using the cgi version of php) so that it can see curl with ssl support. Also the readme is a bit old I will be updating it today. At the time when I created the module it required the CVS version of php (4.0.8-dev) because 4.0.6 did not support curl properly.

I am also making a version of the echophp class file that doesn't use curl and will use the openssl support that can be compiled directly into php (--with-openssl).

I will also be fixing the cc year issue, i had fixed it for 1.4.1 but I think I used an old version of code to make 1.4.2 by accidnet.

-Alex

The updated stuff might not be out till tomorrow. I've encounted a big problem with MS1. I keep getting stuck in a checkout loop and can't get it to process. I believe that this is a problem with the osC code and not the module but it hinders me from testing it

i was running out the door to head out of town and "just decided" to try and recompile cURL etc five minutes before i was leaving.

in my haste i did not have a chance to read your post for the fix BUT thank you for pointing it out!!!!!!!!

much appreciation for this active community!!!!!!!!

New versions of the payment module:

cURL version:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1104

OpenSSL version:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1105

I've added the CVV field and fixed the expiration date problem. The difference between the two is that the OpenSSL version requires PHP 4.3.0+ compiled with OpenSSL support. The cURL version requires that OpenSSL support be compiled into cURL and that cURL support be compiled into PHP. This requires PHP 4.1.0+

Let me know if you guys have any problems with the new ones. MS1 has been acting funny on me so I wasn't able to repeatedly test them. I was able to get two transactions through so in theory it works.