Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trentide

Its Tax Time....how to report state and city taxes?

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way, perhaps a contribution or SQL query that will enable someone to find out how much tax was collected state wide and city wide. This is something that everyone in this country has to do 4 times a year, as far as I know. In the past, I've had to go through, manually, and add up the numbers. Please tell me that there is an easier way! Everyone can't be doing it this way, are they?

Thanks so much for any and all guidance on this!

Jason

search for 'sales tax' in the contributions ('Add-Ons' tab above) and you will find a number of solutions people have worked out for places like Florida and Washington state. In one of those contributions you may find a starting point to modify something for you need to do.

Thanks npn2531. Aren't those contributions for charging customers the appropriate tax? So, my guess is that web masters just modify their sites using a particular contribution but haven't, or can't share the process cause it's too time consuming? Is there a SQL query that can siphon the tax amounts?

Thanks Again,

Jason

A couple of very simple SQL calls will suffice. I have covered similar in the past, have you searched the forum?

I did Burt. I didn't find anything. I usually do the site: command in Google. If you could send me the link, that would be very cool! I knew they're had to be an easier way!

Jason