• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wepay Oscommerce Plugin Offical Thread

apinnt

shot down before i even started....

Your API Application access request has been denied

Hi, Your request to make API calls with "SITE.com" has been denied. You will not be able to make API calls in production. This is likely due to violations of WePay's Terms of Service

i replied asking what the issue was and checking to see if it i need to make some corrections. see what they say.

so i received the answer from wepay as to why my API was declined....they are classifying supplements like....whey and protein....as drugs.

The relevant line of the "Restricted Activities" section is "drugs, alcohol or drug paraphernalia;". We plan on updating our terms in the near future to make it clear that this includes supplements and herbal remedies. Sorry about that not being clear!

So my reply...

But it doesn’t say it now. And the products on the site aren’t considered drugs. This is the first time I have ever seen them categorized like this. If your categorizing this kind of a site as a drug paraphernalia site, then that’s saying every single supplement site like GNC (AND THEIR PHYSICAL STORES) and thousands more are actually breaking the TOS with their payment gateway?...that gateways like Paypal, Authorize.net, 2Checkout, Moneybookers, that all have the same TOS rules are actually allowing their services to let website owners transfer money between customer and client to sell DRUGS?

Amazon.com is allowing the sale of drugs on there?

eBay and PayPal are allowing the sale of DRUGS on their sites and payment transfers? They are the most notorious for closing account for any violation and I think this could be a HUGE one

The malls we go shopping to are legally allowing the sale of drugs in stores by companies like GNC, VitaminShoppe and the standard Mom and Pop stores?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read or hear of honestly. Never has this come up as a issue with any payment gateway I have setup stores with.

Supplements aren’t drugs or considered drugs or even in the same “legal class code” as drugs. Drugs are drugs. Drugs are not supplements.

This needs to be escalated. Even if I do not get my API approved, this type of decision needs an authority higher than the one deciding this. Classifying workout supplements, protein powder and energy supplements as “drugs” is ridiculous, and I would really love to see some scientific proof that they are actually drugs because the last thing I want to sell is something illegal myself and put my own business model in jeopardy for something to happen in the future…but believe me I am not worried about that because protein powder, testosterone boosters, fat burners, VITAMINS…are not drugs. But please enlighten me with some details on how they are considered drugs so I know.

Thanks.

i can only imagine the answer coming.

i shouldve known i would get declined or a issue right off the bat. i could barely get this payment service going at first...their site is all over the place and even their FAQ is half assed and not complete....their cheap live support chat thing is bunk....and they dont even accept phone calls to the number on the site. i was told "no one really answers the line" by their own person on the live chat, that its faster to email (which took days to get a response)

this is why companies like this never really make it as a player in the game. they only get a small piece of the pie, and that pieece is laughable.

wow Gotti sorry to hear that. i hope they change their mind. so far wepay's been working well for me. i've only put about a dozen transactions through it but so far so good. i've pulled money out just as i would with paypal.

ya im quite annoyed with it.

do you withdraw the money like on paypal or does it automatically batch itself out? and have you received the deposit to your bank? how long after the transaction or withdraw did it take to get to your bank?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm trying to use this module with a clean install of the newest oscommerce and newest version of this plug-in. I have approved APIs for both the staging and production sides of WePay, but it won't redirect me to WePay. It keeps timing out and Firefox says "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Any suggestions?

Edit to add: If I use Opera, it doesn't attempt to redirect to WePay at all, it just completes the checkout process.

Edited by shana-chan

• 1 month later...

Hey

Hi there, I'm trying to use this module with a clean install of the newest oscommerce and newest version of this plug-in. I have approved APIs for both the staging and production sides of WePay, but it won't redirect me to WePay. It keeps timing out and Firefox says "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Any suggestions?

Edit to add: If I use Opera, it doesn't attempt to redirect to WePay at all, it just completes the checkout process.

Hey Shana-Chan,

I haven't had reports of issues like this. Can you tell me some more information?

Just a heads up everyone version 1.5 is out. It allows charging of tax and usage of the iframe checkout. Although I do not recommend using the iframe. It takes away the useablitiy of the site. Working on a better method for iframe usage.

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been a problem between the keyboard and the chair. I think I had the wrong "account ID", but with the new Wepay update, it's been fixed (aka easy to find). Thanks! This is a great module, very nicely put together.

This may have been a problem between the keyboard and the chair. I think I had the wrong "account ID", but with the new Wepay update, it's been fixed (aka easy to find). Thanks! This is a great module, very nicely put together.

This has happened many times in the past now. Your not the only one. The new update WePay did defiantly helps.

Let me know if there are any features you would like added.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally been approved but when someone makes and order I only get a email from wepay. I went and looked and it shows payment pending in wepay but it doesn't show the order on my open cart dashboard. Does it need to clear for it to show in the dashboard?

I have finally been approved but when someone makes and order I only get a email from wepay. I went and looked and it shows payment pending in wepay but it doesn't show the order on my open cart dashboard. Does it need to clear for it to show in the dashboard?

Did you say opencart? Thats a completely different appilication. Oscommerce is not the same as OpenCart.

And yes the payment will need to clear for it to show in the OpenCart application.

OsCommerce shows it as pending till payment is cleared then it switches to processing.

Oh my goodness I read the title of this thread wrong I was in a rush and didn't pay enough attention I am so sorry about that. Thank you for your answer even though I was in the wrong place :).

Is there a thread or info for Open Cart and WePay?

Thank you again

I was wondering, is it possible to have the option of showing checkout_confirmation.php before the customer is sent to WePay?

I've turned off shipping (for virtual items) and skip checkout_payment.php since WePay takes billing info. from the customer, so if I could get checkout_confirmation.php to show before they pay for their order, that'd be fantastic. :) (I know it's a little bit round-a-bout, since it'll show billing and shipping address on the confirmation page. I think I'll be able to get rid of it, though.)

I'm assuming this is something in the WePay plug-in, but it's possible it's not (that's why I'm asking here, haha. :) ).

Thanks for your time!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering, is it possible to have the option of showing checkout_confirmation.php before the customer is sent to WePay?

I've turned off shipping (for virtual items) and skip checkout_payment.php since WePay takes billing info. from the customer, so if I could get checkout_confirmation.php to show before they pay for their order, that'd be fantastic. :) (I know it's a little bit round-a-bout, since it'll show billing and shipping address on the confirmation page. I think I'll be able to get rid of it, though.)

I'm assuming this is something in the WePay plug-in, but it's possible it's not (that's why I'm asking here, haha. :) ).

Thanks for your time!

Sorry Shana for the late response.

To answer your question, no its not possible. It functions the same way that the OSC PayPal Express Plugin works which means you don't get the confirmation page.

There will be a tokenization version of this plugin which means you will just have a credit card form on the site instead of a redirect. With this method you will get your confirmation page. The very large downside is that you have to make sure your server is secure. It has to be PCI DSS secure. Which means you have to have a SSL, preferably 256 Bit encrypted and a warranty of $100,000+. GRC style passwords, don't use admin as your administrator username. Basically lock down your store as much as possible. As stated in the documentation for this new plugin rolling out soon, I take no liablity for your installation of OSC. So make sure your secure.

Update 2.0 WePay Checkout

If upgrading just drag and drop folders into your installation directory.

Whats New:

Iframe method was removed because its not ready for use with OSC

Prefills customer information on the WePay checkout page with their billing information

Cleaned up code

Setup Auth Call to get API credentials if you have not setup your API set. It will also setup a new account for you as well without going to WePay.com

Changed the reference code for checkout to the customerid - time() instead of the session_id

• 1 year later...

The developer of the wepay module is no longer supporting it. The module doesn't work and wepay isn't supporting anything. The documentation at wepay is for products they no longer offer so it is useless also.

• 2 years later...