• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Allowing customer to pay with PayPal w/o creating an account

trilly

I have PayPal working with my osC 2.2, but my current configuration requires the customer to create an account with my osC in order to complete the order. I'd like to allow the customer to pay with PayPal without having to create an osC account. If they aren't paying with PayPal, I'd like for them to create an account.

Is this a setting within the osC Admin, or a PayPal module?

Thanks in advance

Even PayPal express will require the customer to either have an account on your website or a PayPal account. I don't think there is ANY online processor that will allow a purchase without an account because of anti-fraud policies.

Chris

Thanks for the responses.

Fwiw, I assume the customer has a PayPal account already when they attempt to pay with it. My PayPal sends me an email saying it has received a payment and provides the shipping and contact details for the customer. I want to make things easier on the customer so they don't have to create an osC account and enter personal details on my website.

I have PayPal Express Checkout installed, but the customers are still required to create an osC account on my website when paying with PayPal. Can I turn this option off through the PayPal Express Checkout module, or is it through the osC Admin panel?

Thanks

If the customer click on the paypal express button on the shopping cart page they are sent to paypal where they can just login and proceed.... An account is created in your shop, but the customer do not have to make it...the paypal express module makes it in the background.

Thanks for all the assistance, I am slowly making progress but not sure what is holding it up.

As a guest, if I clicked on the "Checkout with PayPal" button, it used to take me back to the login.php page. So I opened up the /ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php file and commented out the check for a customer id. Once I did that, then when I clicked on the "Checkout with PayPal" button, it took me to the PayPal website. Yay for progress!

After logging into PayPal, it only displays the Shipping Address (changeable), Payment methods (changeable), Contact Information, and a "Continue" button. It also states under the button "You're almost done. You will confirm your payment on [store name]." Below that is a link to "Cancel and return to [store name]." There is no total amount shown, no list of products from the shopping cart or shipping cost options displayed. Can I have the shopping cart listed here? And shipping cost options?

When I click the "Continue" button, it returns me to the customer login.php page of my website. No updates have been made to my customer list in my Admin panel, and no payment has been received through PayPal.

What is failing between PayPal and my site when I hit the "Continue" button?

@@toyicebear

If the customer click on the paypal express button on the shopping cart page they are sent to paypal where they can just login and proceed...

This requires a PAYPAL account. I guess what I was trying to say is an account is required in either your store or you have to have an account with PayPal. There isn't a way of checking out with NO account information.

Chris

To clarify, I expect my customer to have a PayPal account, I just don't want them to have to make an account on my website cart. I can now see where the title of my thread is misleading.

If the customer clicks the "Checkout with PayPal" button on the shopping_cart.php page, they go to the PayPal site and have PayPal display my store name, but when they hit "Continue" on the PayPal site, it returns them to my login.php page with no data transferred from PayPal.

I have a business account with PayPal and I have already received payments from customers if they create an account in my shopping cart. Can I allow customers to pay with their PayPal account without having to create an osCommerce account on my website, and can it be done using the pre-installed module "PayPal Express Checkout"?

@@trilly

Yes, use the PayPal express payment module included with osCommerce. In your PayPal account profile, request API credentials if you haven't done so already and insert them into the payment module. That's it.

Chris

Thanks for the attention.

I've confirmed my API credentials and done my best to research and troubleshoot as much as I can on this and I still have the same problem...

... after logging into PayPal and hitting the "Continue" button, I am returned to login.php screen.

Question: is there a way to view the API data being sent from PayPal to my site? I would like some reassurance that the data is being sent from PayPal so I can rule that out as a problem.

• 5 months later...

Why the need to create an OSC account BEFORE going to Paypal with PayPal Express if Paypal/OSC will create that account after payment in PayPal? Wouldn't this just create lots of unfinished payments??

Seems to me that the Checkout button above the Paypal button is unnecessary...please explain (I go live next week).

Thanks

TJ @britchops