• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal not adding shipping cost

bkief12

Hi i recently transfer my site from one host to another and i updated all the configuration files to reflect this change. All the modules work execept for when a costumer goes pay in paypal. During check out of a product the price + shipping costs appear but when he/she is directed to paypal the shipping cost dispears. I can't figure out why.

Thanks

@@bkief12

A default installation of osCommerce sends the TOTAL to the payment processor. If you have modified the checkout process to display the Total and then shipping AFTER that, then PayPal may not add the shipping costs.

Shipping costs should be added and displayed BEFORE the total.

Having said that, if it used to work on your website before you moved it.....then I would suggest that part(s) of the checkout process were hard coded to include the original path. (which is not the new path of the new hosting account). Check your checkout files.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

But how can you do this? There is no option in Paypal to disable to Paypal shipping costs...

PayPal DOES NOT add shipping costs unless you set it up to add them.

Chris

But how can you do this? There is no option in Paypal to disable to Paypal shipping costs...

Login to your paypal account. Click on the profile tab. Go to the My selling preferences tab and click it. At the bottom of the page there is a section called posting my items. Click on the Update text and at the bottom of this page find Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled). Tick the box and click save.

Hopefully that will work.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP