• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Experimental Site Needs Opinions

Juto

Hi, I have a RC2a site upgrade almost complete to v2.3.1 Also I have done some experimenting, using for example excel and paint to create gradient ribbons in the header. Further more I have removed tables in the footer and nearly all in the header. As for the navigation bars, these are using css, div's and spans -not unordered lists. Thereby minimazing code... lesser problems and easier to change.

Anyhow, please let me know what I should do next in my experiment or change in the existing.

www.u2commerce.com

Sara

I get a seventies/eighties feeling looking at your site. Not sure if that is intentional or not.

you really need a thumbnail contribution for nicer thumbs.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I just had a quick look at your source code and notice that you have a lot of class declarations for header Left / Right stuff that you added.

I think you could just do this with css child selectors, there is a selector so that you can target the last one for custom styling

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/firstchild.html

so you just need the class declaration on the containing element, not on the individual links, the rest you can do in your stylesheet.css

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hi Carine and thanks for your advice. Which thumbs contribution do you recommend? I have hesitated since I've read about the problems with some of them. Yes, child selectors is good, I'll certainly will implement it. And, yes it's a 70-80's look, up to now I have been busy fixing all bugs and moving to document type strict. Later on I have to decide wether to go for xhtml or html5. It should be easy to move xhtml, but then again html5 do have some nice features... although not supported by IE, sorry to say.

Thanks for your helpful hints :)

Sara

Archived