• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on my new Store

strub

Hi,

I have spent quite a lot time in this shop, I think it must be over 100 hours optimizing it.

Now, I hope I didn't forget anything.

So I would be glad if you could give me some suggestions or what could still be made better.

Many thanks for your time in advance.

By the way, some highlights are:

- Ajax add to cart button

- Live validation for formulars

Here's the new shop

overall I like your shop, there are a few bits I find kinda quirky

the infobox headers look like buttons to me (especially the folder download)

the carousel on top on the product page confuses me, are these the product pictures, or from the category ?

if they are product pictures, i would expect the photo's to show beneath the product name

on product listings, the price is further to the right than the add to cart button, looks odd

there is some german text left for payment methods (bottom left on the page)

i would make the cart icons in the header shortcuts lime green, makes it stand out more and is more in line with your product range

I'm personnally working on getting my site responsive to accomodate tablets better, I notice your site is not doing this, with the use of big images, i was expecting it to be responsive to a certain extent, especially the image slider

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hey many thanks for the hints and suggestions.

the infobox headers look like buttons to me (especially the folder download)

I have tried to have only one color for the links (violett), so I think it should be clear. But probably I am wrong?

the carousel on top on the product page confuses me, are these the product pictures, or from the category ?

It's depending on which site you are. On the product_info.php it is the products image.

I thought having big pictures is a good way to have people's attention.

on product listings, the price is further to the right than the add to cart button, looks odd

I thought it would highlight the prize better. Do you think I should change that?

there is some german text left for payment methods (bottom left on the page)

Thanks for that.

i would make the cart icons in the header shortcuts lime green, makes it stand out more and is more in line with your product range

This is exactly what I wanted to do. But after 2 hours of trying to have different button colors I gave up.

I'm personnally working on getting my site responsive to accomodate tablets better, I notice your site is not doing this, with the use of big images, i was expecting it to be responsive to a certain extent, especially the image slider

No, I haven't optimize it for tablet for two simple reasons: First, I haven't got a tablet so I can't even optimize it. Secondly, as I see from google analytics not even 1 percentage uses a tablet.

If I look at my google analytics for march, over 10% is using mobile devices, of which 70% is iPad, strange that yours is only 1%, and IE overall dropped below 50%

anyhow, I got complaints from people with iPads having trouble buying, so I'm going ahead and make it as much iPad and foolproof as I can

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Very very nice ... clean and easy to navigate!! mine is nearly ready ... 1st ever site ... www.just-smartphones.co.za perhaps have a quick look re the over layout ... still a few links to put in place! How did you add the extra pages for information / contact / shipping costs etc ... I need to do that as my site goes back to home page! guess it is simple I'll trawl through the forum and find out :)

Hey thanks.

For the information pages, I have used the contribution "Extra Information Pages" but I couldn't find it anymore.

Your shop looks great so far. What I found not that great though was:

1. The short description on the products are hidden if too long

2. short images are not shown coorectly in dimension.

I like your site, very clean looking. :)

Personally I think your "new products" list on the home page is too long compared to your right column. It makes it look unbalanced.

The Swiss flag leads to German which is too vague as we have 4 official languages in Switzerland, how about putting a German flag instead? You already state in your contact box that you're a Swiss shop.

In the English speaking part of the site you could also state the sizes in inches.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Hey thanks both of you for that good suggestions.

The Swiss flag leads to German which is too vague as we have 4 official languages in Switzerland, how about putting a German flag instead? You already state in your contact box that you're a Swiss shop.

Your totally right. I might change the flag.

In the English speaking part of the site you could also state the sizes in inches.

I only sell to Switzerland, Germany and Austria. So I think cm is still better.

You should focus on SEO techniques like keyword searching, articles submission, directory submission to improve website's page rank & to get more traffic.

What do you mean by articles submission and directory submission?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived