• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping module giving incorrect shipping

malon

Preface

• I have inherited this site as the previous developer disappeared or something.
  • I don't know oscommerce at all.
  • Uses version define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'HST 1.1');
  • I've already discussed the version in a different thread, no one knows what version it really is.

Problem

• USPS is giving insanely high shipping charges, can't figure out why.
  • USPS is also denying valid shipping addresses.
  • I cannot figure out how to log into USPS's server/account to check to make sure it's all set up.

Misc

• Here is a screenshot of the only relevant USPS info on the website I can find: http://i.imgur.com/xxUuq.png
  • As you can see in the picture detailed above, in the sidebar it clearly states "You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html. This link does not work.
  • This issue has existed for approx. 2-4 months. I can vouch for it happening at least 1.5 months, as I've been trying to figure it out since then.

Thanks guys!

@@malon

Unfortunately, It could be one of MANY forks of osCommerce. As you pointed out, the version could not be determined and the fork creator is unknown so any advice a member could give on this forum is only speculation.

Chris

@@malon

Unfortunately, It could be one of MANY forks of osCommerce. As you pointed out, the version could not be determined and the fork creator is unknown so any advice a member could give on this forum is only speculation.

Chris

Right, I was just trying to point out that finding who made the fork really isn't feasible, so that's why I was asking here, I don't really see any other viable alternative place to ask. Any place you suggest?

@@malon

No, I wouldn't venture to guess. I am not saying you can't ask generic questions here, just suggesting that the answers may or may not actually work on your fork cart.

Chris

Archived