• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my t shirts web site

luigicosta

My thoughts:

1. The graphics need some work. The design of them I guess could work but the quality of them looks terrible.

2. Make the jquery ui colors match more with the green color you are trying to use on the header.

3. A lot of your images have a different background color than the white background they are sitting on.

4. I would add a little margin between the left column boxes (just my personal opinion they look nicer with a little space in between)

5. I would NOT have a link to my admin page from my catalog side footer!

6. There are two duplicate links to Invoice/PDF in the footer

7. Your track order page is not complete. Where do you enter the information to track your order?

8. FAQ, privacy, conditions, policies, about us pages are not complete.

9. The product page is actually pretty nice but how are you handling personalization when it's available?

10. Get rid of the generic banner on index page especially since it only links to the index page.

Conclusion:

I would try to get the complete site done before launching it live. You have a good foundation to work with but you have quite a ways to go before launching.

Matt

My thoughts:

1. The graphics need some work. The design of them I guess could work but the quality of them looks terrible.

2. Make the jquery ui colors match more with the green color you are trying to use on the header.

3. A lot of your images have a different background color than the white background they are sitting on.

4. I would add a little margin between the left column boxes (just my personal opinion they look nicer with a little space in between)

5. I would NOT have a link to my admin page from my catalog side footer!

6. There are two duplicate links to Invoice/PDF in the footer

7. Your track order page is not complete. Where do you enter the information to track your order?

8. FAQ, privacy, conditions, policies, about us pages are not complete.

9. The product page is actually pretty nice but how are you handling personalization when it's available?

10. Get rid of the generic banner on index page especially since it only links to the index page.

Conclusion:

I would try to get the complete site done before launching it live. You have a good foundation to work with but you have quite a ways to go before launching.

thank you very much

your suggestions are welcome, what would be really grateful for some more depth.

In any case I'm working very hard to improve everything.

but as always there are a mountain of things to do ....

thanks again for your interest and feedback to my work.

L.C.

Making an osC site can take a lot of work. I'm not sure what you need more depth on though. I pretty much outlined some changes that I thought would be good to implement. None of them should be too difficult to work through.

Matt

What can i add that has not already been mentioned.

LOOSE THE ADVERTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

Why do you want to send customers away from your site. If you think the adverts will benifit them, put them on the checkout sucess page and send them somewhere else once they have bought something.

You really need some form of captcha on your contact, create account and reviews pages.

When i click on the union jack image in the top right corner nothing changes. Is that right.

Your footer does not seem to match the rest of thesite, but i am sure you have noticed that.

What have yo done for SEO purposes. I could see nothing. There is lots of information about this on the internet. so look, read and fix.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

A little bit of advice: A good design nowadays, is minimalistic Adverts are a no no. As for the top listing of brands, put that in the bottom and keep your customers focus on the products. Write a little more "personal" text for these, don't just make a list with generic texts.

Sara

ps Have a look at the bottom, you have an issue with the UTF-8 charset ds

form of captcha on your contact, create account and reviews pages

I would avoid capcha if at all possible, it drives customers away and can often be in-effective against bots anyway as they hack the common capcha code.

With the right methods you can catch the bots without it.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 4 weeks later...

@@luigicosta

You have an error in your template_top.php or header.php file, notice the "> in the top left corner of the page. Also, your categories box is missing from the index.php. Your product_info page is inconsistent and incorrectly displays the product keywords (see here: http://www.clubsoccershirt.com/index.php?cPath=27) and when you double click the image, you are taken to this URL: http://www.clubsoccershirt.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=117

I would suggest that your website is full of bugs and REALLY needs to be reviewed carefully before making it live.

Chris

the notice (">) in the top left corner of the page.....

I looked compared to the backup files with new ones and there is no difference ...

another example that you do not say I understand what you mean

I ask pardon, you can make me a list of things to do?

to make the site tolerable? and functional?

and maybe that can sell ...

I put too many things on this website and I can not work it out ....

Thanks to everyone for their patience

• 2 weeks later...

Archived