• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

zefeena

Hi, can any one tell me how i remove the form from my contact page. It doesn't work, and rather than trying to sort it out, i'd be happier getting rid of it, and just letting people email me.

Currently it looks like this:

http://corsetmaking.co.uk/store/contact_us.php

If anyone can tell me what i need to edit to remove it, and ideally also to make the email address a clickable link then that would be great.

Because people are using the form and it doesn't work, then the phone keeps ringing and its giving me major headache!

Thank you

Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

What u need to do is open the contact_us.php in the catalog directory.

Find this:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?></td>
	<td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?></td>
	<td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="fieldKey" valign="top"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>
	<td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>

and delete it.

To make the link clickable you need to find the line with your email address (should be within the <div class="contentText"> tag ) and make it look like this:

<a href="mailto:youremail@yourdomain.com?Subject=Hello%20again">

TEXT </a>

replace the email details with yours and repalce the TEXT with what ever you want your customers to see as the clickable link.

Also repalce the 'Hello' with a subject name you want the messages to come to you with.

Hope that helps.

Aleksander

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

I hope you realize that giving your email address like that will mean spammers can capture it & you will get loads of spam for ever more, it would be better to fix the form, or at least obfuscate the address.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived