• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple language newsletter

strub

Hi,

For my shop, I have almost finsihed my multiple language newsletter manager support.

The problem was that you could only send newsletters in one language.

So how it works:

In the newsletter manager you can create a new newsletter. Depending on the langauge set up, it shows for each language a seperate input field for the title and content.

So if sending the newsletter it looks in the table customers which language the customers has choosen when creating the account and sending it depending on the language.

The same goes for the visior_newsletter contribution.

If there is huge interest in that I would write the contribution with a nice documentation. So just let me know.

Edited by strub

Just wanted to let you know that I finished writing the contribution. It took me quite a long time as it is my first contribution. I uploaded it on saturday but it is still not visible on the contribution site, did I sth wrong?

• 4 months later...

@@strub

Hi, just a short question:

Is it possible to set a time when the newsletter will be send?

Why? Because, if I send the news let's say about the time when people are coming home from work.. then that mail will be among the first in perhaps a pile of emails. The likelyhood of being read is just so much higher.

Kind regards

Sara

Did anyone try to use the MLNM add-on while already having the Ultimate HTML add-on installed?

I'm using the ultimate html add-on to create a layout for the newsletter (and other emails). But they both make changes in the newsletter files and I can't make them to work together.

Is anyone willing to help me with the code? Or does anyone have another solution to create a layout for the newsletter while using MLNM?

Thanks!