• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Square and CVV code

SarahC

I offer a pay by CC and I use Square. The customers can enter in their CC number as well as the CVV code. However when I recieve their order in the admin pannel the CVV code does not appear. How do I change this so it will appear? It's a pain to constantly ask customer to email me their CVV number.

• 3 weeks later...

PCI DSS Compliant is security standards set in place by the big three credit card companies. VISA MASTERCARD and DISCOVER

What your doing is NOT PCI DSS Complaint and there are fines involved with not being PCI DSS Compliant. Not to mention your merchant account with Square will get closed.

I highly recommend you use a merchant provider like Wepay, 2checkout, Paypal, Authorize.net to process transactions online.

You cannot store credit cards on your website. That is not PCI DSS Compliant, and is a HUGE security risk. If your customers knew how easy they're credit cards could be stolen you would be getting nonstop phone calls.

Delete all credit cards you have in your DB and remove the plugin your using in OsCommerce. That plugin your using is for testing only, not for production usage.

@@SarahC

PCI DSS Compliance standards

Basically, it means that if your site is NOT certified then you SHOULD NOT be accepting credit card information for processing ON your website. Fines can exceed more than $50,000 in some states and Canada. You should look into your credit card handling practices to see if you are breaking the law.

Chris

I offer a pay by CC and I use Square. The customers can enter in their CC number as well as the CVV code. However when I recieve their order in the admin pannel the CVV code does not appear. How do I change this so it will appear? It's a pain to constantly ask customer to email me their CVV number.

Any one stupid naive enough to send CC info via email is in desparate need of an unanesthetized lobotomy

That's the problem with the gene pool - There is no lifeguard.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Did you advise them how insecure that is? In some places you could be considered liable if you don't.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.