• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with PayPal transactions

MichelleDW

Today I set up PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Website Payments Pro - Direct Payments (I think this is what I was supposed to do to enable both PayPal and payments directly from credit card?)

I got my API Signature etc and enabled both modules.

PEC looks like this:

Enable PayPal Express Checkout

True

Seller Account

API Username

XXXXXXX

API Password

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

API Signature

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

PayPal Account Optional

False

PayPal Instant Update

True

PayPal Checkout Image

Static

Debug E-Mail Address

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

PayPal Transactions Order Status Level

PayPal [Transactions]

Sort order of display.

cURL Program Location

/usr/bin/curl

The PayPal Website Payments Pro - Direct Payments module looks like this:

Enable PayPal Direct

True

API Username

XXXXXXXXXX

API Password

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

API Signature

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Card Acceptance Page

Confirmation

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Sort order of display.

cURL Program Location

/usr/bin/curl

The express checkout (i.e. the radio button that says PayPal or the official "Pay with Paypal button) seems to work with only one glitch: I need to have the shopping cart automatically confirm payment so purchasers can immediately download purchased files.

However, the option to "Pay With Credit Card" diverts me back to the Checkout Page once I put in CC info and click submit.

I ran the API Credentials Test and was successful.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?

Michelle

@@MichelleDW

1) Download and install Super Download Store to better control your virtual downloads

2) Set your return URL in the PayPal profile area to www.yourdomainnamehere.com/checkout_process.php

3) Set the Default Status for your payment methods in the admin area under Modules>>payment to Download (or anything above status level 11)

Chris

@@MichelleDW

1) Download and install Super Download Store to better control your virtual downloads

Thanks for this suggestion. I have this installed already and it's working great.

2) Set your return URL in the PayPal profile area to www.yourdomainnamehere.com/checkout_process.php

Okay. Thanks for this one--it was set to a page on the site's sister site on another domain!

3) Set the Default Status for your payment methods in the admin area under Modules>>payment to Download (or anything above status level 11)

I'm not sure what you mean. Also, I have both physical and digital products in my store. Will setting the default to Download be a problem?

@@MichelleDW

Also, I have both physical and digital products in my store. Will setting the default to Download be a problem?

I suggest using a different word then, such as Transaction Complete. (something that will conclude the transaction for both types of products) However, the download status must still be above 11 to function when it is a virtual product.

Chris

Oh, and I just tried to do a checkout again with a credit card and when I hit "Confirm Order" on the Checkout Confirmation page, I get sent back to the "What's in My Cart" page and the URL says:

http://www.mydomain.com/shop/shopping_cart.php?error_message=This%20transaction%20cannot%20be%20processed%20due%20to%20an%20invalid%20merchant%20configuration.

Edited by MichelleDW

• 1 month later...

I have create a website in osc 2.3 , i have used one page chekout structure . All thing are working properly but the main problem occuer regarding payment .I have activate paypal express chekout , when we select paypal express chekout payment method , it goes to paypal but when i click on pay now , it redierct to chekout page agagin . No payment are detected or no oder are placed.Cash on delivery payment method working properly.

When we have disable one page chekout it working properly and payment are also detected from my account are also placed properly.

So please provide me a solution for one page chekout . If any one have all ready occuer the same problem they sugest me any soltion reagrding this.

Please chek the http://rainbowfashiongallery.com.au/

regards

Ashutosh mishra