• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Selection Add On

chadleyb

The USPS selection Add On is not available in my base installation. I'm not sure if it matters, but I am hosted with GoDaddy. How do I download the module and add it to my osCommerce installation?

Thanks,

..Chad

@@chadleyb

You have to configure which methods you are signed up for with USPS. So, if on your USPS account you signed up for firstclass and parcel mail. Then, you have to edit the file for USPS to also active those shipping methods. Read the installation instructions again, it is clearly explained there.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem that sounds like the second post here. I did not understand your reply above....are you referring to a need to "sign up" for individual services on the USPS web site ? I am registered there but I do not see any place to specify individual services...if there is more to do on the USPS site, then please provide that link, at least. I did not see any referece to more than "registration" in the USPS Methods install instructions.

I am running osC v2.2RC2 (not ready to upgrade until all the other needed contributions are available). I have repeatedly tried to install USPS Methods (first 6.0 and now 6.1a) from the osC modules/shipping list, have tried selecting and deselecting different service options, "removed" the module and re-installed it...all to no avail. I've also made sure that all the contribution files have been copied to the correct locations, and the SQL routines have been run.

Here's an example of what my checkout_shipping page looks like -- notice the absence of the service titles (except "Library Mail") : pixel_trans.gifUnited States Postal Service (1 pkg, 1.10 lbs total) shipping_usps.gifpixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif Library Mail

---Insured for $9.53

---Delivery Confirmationlt;supgt;amp;trade;lt;/supgt;

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 2 days $5.45 pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

---Insured for $9.53

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 2 days $5.59 pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

---Insured for $9.53

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 1 day $7.90 pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

---Insured for $9.53

---Approximate delivery time from mailing date 2 days $8.00 pixel_trans.gif

Also, note the artifct text following "Delivery Confirmation".

Furthermore, selecting any USPS shipping service options will default to the Library rate only on the checkout page. However, I have the UPS shipping module working just fine (any of those selected rates will carry to the checkout page).

So am I missing something on the USPS web site for my account ? Does this contribution 6.1a work with osC v2.2RC2 ? Do I have a database structure problem (I'm running php 5+) ?

Lastly, do I correctly understand that USPS Rate Calculator V4 contribution is a separate and unrelated shipping method from USPS Methods 6.1a (et al) ? Would having attemtped to install V4 earlier (and then removing those files) have caused problems with the 6.1a install ? I have been using USPS Methods contributions for some years and want to stay with that contribution line...

Thank you for your consideration...