• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes

FP1

I am using v2.2 RC1 on Windows 7. I have ebooks in my Downloads folder on the server and have updated some of them. When I go to the Admin section of osCommerce, though, to Catalog, Product Attributes, Product Attributes, I cannot access any pages other than page 1. So, if the book I need to update is on page 4 (for example), I have to delete all products (in this case, ebooks) in front of it in order to call it up to edit it. Then, of course, I have to re-enter all the ones I deleted.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

@@FP1

The products attributes section is only slightly better in v2.3.1, but it does work. I believe Nick's statement to update to v2.3.1 is because you are using such an outdated version of osCommerce.

Chris

Yes, it is outdated. I inherited this project and am not certain what I'm doing yet regarding updates and such. I've only just begun doing anything with the files on the server and don't really know what I'm doing on that score. So, I've taken a conservative approach for the time being.

@@FP1

I can understand your approach. Unfortunately, using RC1 really does limit any future modifications you can make with the site. As I said in my previous post, the attribute issue has only slightly improved with more current versions but they do work.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I'll see if I can figure out how to update this without making a mess of what's already in place. I don't suppose there's an osCommerce for Dummies site? :D

Archived