• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Website Backup - Create zipped copy of all site files

spooks

FTP / Website Backup Comparison

Someone commented that it was better to use FTP rather than an add-on for a site backup as people already have FTP so don't need to install anything extra, so this morning I picked a random site and tried both methods, for fairness I had no folders in the excluded list for the test.

FTP: It started fine but after 5 minutes the connection reset but download continued, but at 6 minutes 45 after another reset, the process baulked and stopped so not a backup you could rely on as its definitely incomplete. This is fairly common scenario I find when trying to FTP large numbers of files, you need to do it in batches to be sure. :'(

Website Backup: (File Mode) The process took 52 seconds including the download, all files were present in the archive. :thumbsup:

I suspect most could install this quicker than they could use FTP to backup just once. :D

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 3 months later...

Hi Sam

I'm thinking of adding this contribution and just wondered if I need to do anything with the menu.js files which is in the resources folder.

Its not mentioned in the installation procedure, so I presume not but have lost a bit of my confidence in upgrading the site, so just thought I'd ask first

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

• 3 weeks later...

@@modem2.0

backup_website.php line 87, replace:

elseif (@@IS_dir($file)) if ($zip->addEmptyDir($file) === false) $wok = false;

with:

elseif (@@IS_dir($file)) if ($zip->addEmptyDir($name) === false) $wok = false;

Your just changing $file to $name in the code.

I still get files with 0 bytes named after folders in memory mode.

File mode works fine.

Tim

Hi Sam,

Getting about 200+ these errors:

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /path_to_admin/includes/functions/backup_site_functions.php on line 28

before your report:

Website size: 193.3 MB Estimated compressed file size: 131.44 MB Containing 291 folders with 12450 Files.

Thanx.

Martin

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi Sam,

Getting about 200+ these errors:

Warning: strpos() [function.strpo: Empty delimiter in /path_to_admin/includes/functions/backup_site_functions.php on line 28

before your report:

Website size: 193.3 MB Estimated compressed file size: 131.44 MB Containing 291 folders with 12450 Files.

Thanx.

Martin

I just added @ in

foreach ($exclude as $remove) if (@strpos($dir_name.'/'.$file.'/', $remove) === 0 ) continue 2;

which stopped the error. Donlt know if I merely cut the oil pressure light, leaving the unmderlying problem.

Thanx.

Martin

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 3 months later...

Just tried to install this but received an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '(' in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/backup_website.php on line 67

The code on that line is:

$zip->open(DIR_FS_BACKUP . $filename . $filedate, ZipArchive::CREATE);

funny, I just spent the evening creating a backup script in php to do just this, and then I see this exists ...

but I do get timeout on the full site and decided to create a separate zip for each subdirectory

how does this contribution handle big sites that timeout under php (setting is already at 300 seconds) ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 1 year later...

I have installed in oscommerce 2.3.3.4 and when I want to back up, I get the following:

1146 - Table 'magiasdelsur2.TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS' doesn't exist

select products_id, products_quantity, products_stock_attributes from TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS where orders_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

and I can't continue.

How can I sove this issue?

• 4 years later...

@spooks

Hi, thank you for the addon.

I had installed this addon on 2.3.1 and now upgraded to 234.1 Edge, try to install this again to match the old version.

at the /admin/backup_website.php

tep_draw_form('save_files', FILENAME_STORE_BACKUP, 'action=savenow',

have change FILENAME_STORE_BACKUP to 'store_backup.php' for the button action, but there is no such file with the attached, did i misunderstood and make wrong somewhere?

Thank you!  Lyn

• 4 weeks later...

Use 'backup_website.php' or basename($PHP_SELF)

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.