• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ebooks

mailey1974

Are you saying that you added it to your attributes and it is not showing, or it just isnt there. Standard osc does not come with many attributes listed, so you will have to list it as an attribute.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Are you saying that you added it to your attributes and it is not showing, or it just isnt there. Standard osc does not come with many attributes listed, so you will have to list it as an attribute.

i add the word E-book to the option values but the word ebook is not showing.so how do i list the word ebook in the product name drop meny?

i followed the instructions from the pdf about downloadable files so what am i doing wrong.the ebook word just is not there.

I`m not clear what your doing, but the common issue with attributes is failure to complete all necessary parts.

You add a new option, then you must add values for that option (minimum one) then you must add the option and values to the product attributes with a separate attribute for each option/value combination.

If you don't do all that, you options/values will not appear.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I`m not clear what your doing, but the common issue with attributes is failure to complete all necessary parts.

You add a new option, then you must add values for that option (minimum one) then you must add the option and values to the product attributes with a separate attribute for each option/value combination.

If you don't do all that, you options/values will not appear.

i see what the problem is the mp3 & pdfs are not showing on the dropdown list even though i had moved them to the proper folder.

On the product options page, in product options column you should have something like a category called downloads. In the option values column you would add a category ebooks to the download category.Then in the botton area, the product attributes area, is where you use the dropdown list to add the attributes to the products.

You use the dropdown list and click on the product that you wish to add the attribute to. In the second dropdown list you select download. In the third dropdown list you select ebooks. Then ad the price difference if it is different from the actual pproduct. Then in the lower area you add the full filename of the ebook, which was previously uploaded to the downloads folder. Be sure to use the correct filename and the file extension ie .mp3, .pdf or whatever. Then click the insert button.

Your product should now show in the store with the attributes showing. I know i have explained this quickly, but i hope it makes sense..

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On the product options page, in product options column you should have something like a category called downloads. In the option values column you would add a category ebooks to the download category.Then in the botton area, the product attributes area, is where you use the dropdown list to add the attributes to the products. You use the dropdown list and click on the product that you wish to add the attribute to. In the second dropdown list you select download. In the third dropdown list you select ebooks. Then ad the price difference if it is different from the actual pproduct. Then in the lower area you add the full filename of the ebook, which was previously uploaded to the downloads folder. Be sure to use the correct filename and the file extension ie .mp3, .pdf or whatever. Then click the insert button. Your product should now show in the store with the attributes showing. I know i have explained this quickly, but i hope it makes sense..
none of the files i have were uploaded to the download folder but by filezilla so what am i doing wrong here?

Archived