• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Store Fishing and such

mcassat

First impression is that it looks great, BUT read the sticky at the top of the forum, to post your store here it needs to have the Powered by osCommerce statment and link.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

First impression is that it looks great, BUT read the sticky at the top of the forum, to post your store here it needs to have the Powered by osCommerce statment and link.

actually if you read the rules, it says nowhere that a link is required... it just simply must have the text "powered by oscommerce"...

see:

... any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed...

says nothing about linking back to OSC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

on the site... I like it... I think it fits the products very well... one thing I noticed was your category tabs don't work all the time... are you using the categories_tab contribution? this was something I used in a site I worked on awhile back that unless cPath was in the URL, the tabs wouldn't work... so I made a few changes to categories_tab.php to fix that if thats what you're using and would like the changes...

oh wait now, I see the tabs link to articles and not to the product's category... hmm that is a bit confusing.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Sorry, but you get the gist. and if you have the text, why not have the link.

Just my opinion, and now I stand corrected and will only give perfectly correct information from now on. 8)

I will take another look at your store later....

Sorry to be picky, but where is the powered by oscommerce? I have been know to be somewhat blind, but I checked a few pages out and don't see it.

If you choose not to use it, that is your choice, but you can't ask for opinions on your store in this thread with out it.

In testing without cookies the tabs empty my cart. If you build the links with tep_href_link the sessions will stay intact.

Thanks for spotting, I have fixed this. Can't believe I missed it - that's what using Dreamweaver to create headers does :oops:

Appreciated.

Archived