• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[ADDON] Dynamic Information Pages

ezgoen

Hi!

Nice contribution, easy to install.

in catalog\includes\languages french (or other language) is needed also. I duplicate english directory, rename as I need, and works.

after installation, when I try to modify title and text area information, I can edit only one language, but my site have 2 languages.

do you have any suggestions about that?

THX!

Cornelpost-160980-0-29451300-1332746230_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

your instructions dont make any sense at all..very confusing, and i cant get this thing to install. when i upload everything to the store folder, nothing shows up on the left inside the admin panel. when i go to store.com/admin/dyn_information.php i get error

Table 'STORETABLE.dyn_info' doesn't exist
it doesnt exist because i didnt create it....there is no instruction to create it.

is there a sql file im suppose to import or a something to execute?

why is the inf pages not showing on my admin panel like it is in the previous post by coco200435?

figured it out. your instructions however dont explain what to do to install the addon. i stumbled on it when checking out the dyn_information.php page on the main part of the store.

please correct your instruction file, including the spelling. it should say something like

upload files

login to admin, goto modules>boxes and click install modules. select mod and click install.

edit pages on left side info pages....

something like that. real simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm ... Except you can't get to admin>modules>boxes because:

1146 - Table '0904.configuration2_group' doesn't exist

select configuration2_group_id as cg2ID, configuration2_group_title as cg2Title from configuration2_group where visible = '1' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

Martin, as requested by GoTTi, I would kindly ask for some documentation on this add-on. How Cornel got this to work first time is certainly beyond me.. but then I am new - so apologies if I am Mr Thick :) ... would like to see this working, so if you can post up the sql to create whatever is needed great! J.

I have installed and configured this module. It is working great on the whole, but am having an issue with quotes. When I enter my text through the admin section, any quote marks (single or double) are escaped with a \, which then displays when the page is viewed through my website.

Is there a fix for this?

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I found how to add new pages.

As an example I added "Gift Voucher FAQ"

I open all the dyn_information.php and found everywhere that has INFORMATION_FUNCTION_ABOUT

Now I copied and pasted it.

Now I edited the new line so that it now looks like INFORMATION_FUNCTION_GVFAQ

Anywhere in the lines I copied and pasted, if I saw "about_us" change it to "gv_faq"

Did the same for the define statements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I found how to add new pages.

As an example I added "Gift Voucher FAQ"

I open all the dyn_information.php and found everywhere that has INFORMATION_FUNCTION_ABOUT

Now I copied and pasted it.

Now I edited the new line so that it now looks like INFORMATION_FUNCTION_GVFAQ

Anywhere in the lines I copied and pasted, if I saw "about_us" change it to "gv_faq"

Did the same for the define statements.

That seems very time consuming, surely an easier way could be built into this contrib?

• 4 months later...

I don’t understand why someone spends time to make a contribution but at the end he uploads it unfinished...

1. the sql file does not exist

2. there are no instructions

this is very disappointing.. please complete it and upload the final one... this is great idea

Edited by danil0