• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Screen Broken

msiss

Hey guys,

My admin screen broke over the weekend. I have a basic set up all I've done is added theme_switcher and changed some colours in the stylesheet. Now my admin screen is strangely formatted, has the left hand menu words cut off half way and I amen't able to upload large images.

The only older thread I found on this had a link to a picture, but the link is now broken, so I'm unsure if its the same problem. There was also no resolution in the thread, as it turned out to be a problem with a guys template. There were suggestions that admin/index couldnt find admin/incl/stylesheet, or that permissions were wrong.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Chris

error.png

That's what it looks like with the text on the left cut out, and the menu unformatted.

It's OSCOMM 2.3.1.

I use jquery themeroller and possibly messed up my version of that, if anyone thinks that could be the problem

Some more info:

The last thing I changed was I replaced the jquery.bxgallery file with one that had prop instead of attr, to get rid of the 'undefined' error beneath images. Since then I don't appear to be able to upload images. curious.

Ok, more info, sorry for the multiple posts but I've to try to fix this before the end of the evening.

Beneath 'add large image' in the admin it says 'please confirm the removal of the large product image' when I go to add a new product

Since you said you're using themeroller, check that the version of your jQuery, jQuery UI, and Theme files all match. Also, don't delete the old versions if you update, as the Admin side continues to use the old versions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim and Burt, Thanks for responses.

Jim, You say don't delete old versions when you update. I think I may have done this. Do you mean the jquery-1.8.6.min.js and the ui version in the ui directory? I just assume these wouldn't be needed. I will try now.

Version in theme roller do match up, ty for suggestion

You can also change your admin/includes/template_top.php to use the new versions of jQuery and jQuery UI.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 months later...

:mellow: Thank you, restoring those 2 files worked for me. Tho' I still haven't got the new/upgraded jquery to work (using to try and get the Themeswitcher to work?!); I'll search for that solution elsewhere on here...

~Doug

Archived