• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products in columns for 2.3

As product listing is done with the module product_listing.php and most contributions that change the listing layout just alter that for the most part, most product listing contributions for earlier versions will still work with 2.3.1

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi Sam

Welcome Back :thumbsup:

most product listing contributions for earlier versions will still work with 2.3.1

That’s true, but they all use the outdated productListingBox.

It would be nice to see a grid contribution using the jquery ui

Regards

Ken

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok , Update , it seems to work like it should , i just would like to change the settings so i have 4 or 5(if possible) products per row.

My question is , were or how do i change that , and can i change the size of the pictures there too or do i need to change them somewere else.

You can see here how far i got uptil now: http://crazycarz.pt/index.php?cPath=24_34_38_47

Many thanks in advance,

Gr, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

I did the following:

Removed line from stylesheet.css:

width: 90%;  /*Took 1% off of the width to prevent IE6 bug*/

That line was stretching my images and overriding the Small Image Width setting under Configuration/Images

Then change the following lines in stylesheet.css:

ul.column{
width: 618px;

To whatever width your row is going to be. I left mine the standard size and it automatically adjusted mine from 3 columns to 4. Look at the modifications done to template_top.php to see how it all works.

If you need to, on the stylsheet modify the width of ul.column li to whatever you need.

Edited by EchoGuns

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

I did the following:

Removed line from stylesheet.css:

width: 90%;  /*Took 1% off of the width to prevent IE6 bug*/

That line was stretching my images and overriding the Small Image Width setting under Configuration/Images

Then change the following lines in stylesheet.css:

ul.column{
width: 618px;

To whatever width your row is going to be. I left mine the standard size and it automatically adjusted mine from 3 columns to 4. Look at the modifications done to template_top.php to see how it all works.

If you need to, on the stylsheet modify the width of ul.column li to whatever you need.

@@EchoGuns , thanks for the response.

I changed my width to 960px as that is the max width of the 960 grid and i don´t have the side columns and then made the rest of the boxes 10px smaller so it all fitted nice.

It starts to look like something ( sort off that is) but still needs a lot of work ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed quite a lot of your posts are asking the same question, about if something works with javascript turned off. Couple of questions here:

Why not test yourself? This contribution is extremely easy to install, only 4 steps.

Also, why the big move about no javascript anyways. While your own personal preference might be to have it off, the vast majority of consumers have theirs on by default, not to mention that a large percentage of sites utilize javascript.

To answer your question. This contribution works with it off....

I have noticed quite a lot of your posts are asking the same question, about if something works with javascript turned off. Couple of questions here:

Why not test yourself? This contribution is extremely easy to install, only 4 steps.

Also, why the big move about no javascript anyways. While your own personal preference might be to have it off, the vast majority of consumers have theirs on by default, not to mention that a large percentage of sites utilize javascript.

To answer your question. This contribution works with it off....

because its a pain in the arse installing a brand new oscommerce every time just to test a contribution as you don't know what the code is like, it may or may not destroy your shop, so i have to do a clean install on localhost every single time. i have about 20 oscommerce installations on my harddrive just for testing. I thought asking would save time.

Also, the reason why im asking about javascript is that if someone has it turned off, then how will they buy from you?

ive been testing live shops from big brands and some of them won't function without javascript (which is totally wrong). as your site should work regardless of whether javascript is on or off.