• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up individual product shipping charges?

Hi there,

I am very new to this - only last few days so please bear with me if I am asking an idiotic question. I am attempting to set up a website for my very small business. I dont plan on having lots of different product categories maybe about half a dozen at the most. Currrently I have 2 - plaques and coat pegs. What I wanted to fo was have my plaques and £2.99 shipping for 1st item and then 50p for every extra plaque after that. I however wanted the coat pegs to be £3.75 shipping with so much extra for any others.

I am however struggling to find how to do this - is it possible????

My oscommerce is version 2.3.1 which I cannot find many compatible add ons modules etc.

Please please can anyone help, I want to provide a professional finish to my webpage, but cannot for the life of me figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my apologies if this is posted in thw wrong place or has been asked before.

Thanks

Cheryl

:)

@@craftycreationsbycheryl

You should have used THIS contribution as it does exactly what you want it to do. It is also for v2.2 but will function with v2.3.1 with very little modification.

Chris

@@DunWeb thank you for replying - so with this one i can have different prices for different products and also have different prices for additional items??? What would I need to modify for this to work with 2.3?

Sorry to be a pest I am a total noob with all this.

Ive been needing something like this too. The ability to set only certain items at a fixed shipping rate is what I need, while other items continue to offer the rate as set by Canada Post module (which works great btw)

The scenario is that the store offers both very small items and large items. The larger items are shipped in boxes and are usually going to be individualy ordered are fine with Cpost module rates, but the owner of the store also has items (golf flags) that are small and light weight.

However, even at the smallest possible dimensions and weights allowable by the Canada Post module, the flags still want to ship at $10 per flag, which is alot for a $9 item.

because the flags are small enough to ship in a padded envelope we want the option to set just flags at a rate of $5 per flag.

Unfortunately the 'per item' module included in OSC 2.3.1 once activated then appears on the shipping page for ALL items, which doesnt work when the owner needs to send a 20lb item!

It seems odd that this wouldnt be a built in function.

I did look at MVS but it seems like a fairly complicated module to port into 2.3.1 and it does far more than the one task Im needing to do..

• 11 months later...