• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need some help editing pages on our website

Kevin@Abctoy4me

Hey guys,

Sorry I'm not very savvy with osCommerce or website editing in general for that matter but I was hoping you guys could help me.

Here's a link to our website: www.abctoy4me.com

If you scroll down to the bottom there is a yellow box filled links (FAQS, sitemap, contact us etc.) that I can't seem to properly edit. On my admin side of the website we have a function named "Page editor" under the catalog selection. Someone told me that this is an addon, because it usually isn't there. The pages included in that function here are the links on the bottom of our homepage (the links in question) but they only allow for editing of the text. I cleaned them up a little bit and tried to delete one of the options (Order Status) and it was gone from the admin side. I checked back on the public side of the website and the page is still there. Our public side homepage also has the "shipping policy" link on there twice and its only once on the admin side.

I tried doing a little research and checked out the index.php file but it doesn't state anything about the pages.. its as if they haven't been edited at all but I could just be looking in the wrong place.

I guess my question is how to access those links WITHOUT using the "Page editor" function so I can try and have them removed in another fashion.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have a look in your includes/footer.php file and see it the text is in there. If it is just copy the text from another link and change it to what you want. You may have to remove the oscid code from the links.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I don't know your page editor add-on, I have created similar though (never published) Mine has options to enable or disable any page or menu, does not page editor have that?

Alternately, if you post the code from page editor that would give a better idea where to go.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived