• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] Auto Save (product) Edit Session

spooks

You may have seen my recent post in tips regarding session timeouts and I`m sure many have experienced occasions when they or their clients have had their edits lost due to session timeout, one of my clients suffered exactly that very recently.

Although the post mentioned provides the option of extending the session life, there is a limit you can safely reach, so I`m looking at another option.

I`m considering creating a contribution that would use AJAX to make regular saves of the current edit session such that if the users session does expire they would have the option of at least regaining most of their edits.

Could the community please indicate if they would be interested in such and if so what features they feel it would need.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

No response!

No-one interested?

Oh well...

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 2 months later...

I would be interested in this, There are countless times when I have been adding or editing a product, when I get distracted by a phone order or a delivery - when I return I have timed out and my changes or edits lost.

I dont think many read the development threads....

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.