• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting a bunch of wierd problems

I have some wierd issues with this OSCommerce website - honeycentre dot com

It worked fine until around 6 months ago, then a growing set of problems started occurring......

firstly (I use Paypal) - but around half of sales get left with a status of 'Preparing ....' in admin - but when you check the PayPal account they were completed normally. I have been unable to find any reason why one sale updates the website and another doesn't. I got an OSCommerce developer to have a look at it and he reinstalled everything relevant, but couldn't fix it. Any ideas anyone?

Secondly more and more customers seem to struggle with the website in different ways. The problems could be on their side, but there seem to be too many of them - can't login with same details as before, the forgot password link doesn't work, some get a blank page when they go to the shop etc. Can anyone see anything that is wrong with the shopping cart?

Other odd things like a couple of orders recently went through PayPal OK, emails sent OK - but no order saved in the database. Someone had bought about a year ago, but he wasn't in the database anymore - and we never delete customers or orders......very hard to figure this all out.

Would really appreciate some help here!

Alan

Strange things happening and no one has changed anything tends to indicate a hacked site or host has upgraded php/apache/mysql on the server.

If customers do not click on the return to site link in paypal the order will be left at pending.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived