• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Was there a mod that allowed you to record Auth.net Trans Id?

NodsDorf

I could of sworn at some point in my life there was a mod that documented the Authorize.net transaction id.. but I'm unable to locate it.

Does anybody remember such an add-on? Possibly part of another add-on like an IP recorder or something..?

No, there's nothing like that that I know of. The order ID isn't created until after the payment has been made at authorize.net so it can't be sent with the order. I seem to recall where someone mentioned guessing at the next order ID and sending that. That would work as long as orders are not done at the same time, which can't be guaranteed so you may end up with corrupted orders.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ya I been down the road with the order id before, its the chicken and egg thing. But the gateway transaction id is alteast available when the order is approved I could have sworn in my personal store I had some sort of feedback from the gateways with transaction id's.. I could be remembering wrong but I could have sworn.

Authorize.net sends back their own transaction ID but it isn't the order ID in oscommerce since they don't know what it is at that point.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Still wondering if anybody knows what contribution allowed you to record the Transaction ID's. If remember correctly the Transaction ID was put into the customer comments field, but I'm not 100% certain since it has been a couple years since I had that shop.

Archived