• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help: File_manager error

I am getting this error message when I try to access the file manager on my site. I am not a programmer and know little about this kind of thing.

I have tried replacing some files and didn't notice anything missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Warning: dir(/hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskare/public_html/perfectlyposh/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in/hermes/bosoraweb004/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/admin/file_manager.php on line 184

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /hermes/bosoraweb004/b101/ipw.coonskare/public_html/perfectlyposh/admin/file_manager.php on line 185

Have you changed your configure.php files? your site seems to be at /hermes/bosoraweb004/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/ but File Manager is looking at /hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskare/public_html/

however you should remove File Manager anyway, its a security risk: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-oscommerce-22-site/

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

@@Olivia_Kinc

File Manager was quickly dubbed File Mangler when v2.2 was released. It should never be used as it will corrupt your files. Also, as Sam pointed out it is a known vulnerability that WILL get your site hacked.

Chris

Thanks for your help!

I have removed the filemanager so that error is gone.

I am also getting the following errors:

Catalog/Categories page:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/images/

and

Tool/database backup:

Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php.

@@Olivia_Kinc

Karen,

That sounds like either a directory permissions issue or a configure.php issue. Check the permissions to ensure the directories are 755 (705 if your host will allow it).

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I have set my permissions to 755 but the error is still there. The images file is in the right location and all the other images are there. I just can't add new items to the catalog. Would it help if I provided the code for the config file?

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/images/

@@Olivia_Kinc

Please provide the code from the /includes/configure.php BUT DO NOT INCLUDE THE DATABASE INFORMATION from the bottom. Maybe something will pop out at us so we can help you.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://coonskaren.ipower.com');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://coonskaren.ipower.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://coonskaren.ipower.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/perfectlyposh/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/perfectlyposh/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/hermes/bosweb25a/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

?>

@@Olivia_Kinc

This file is saying your site is at bosweb25a but your error stated its at bosoraweb004 how did that get in the configure file, did you copy it from another install?

Make a backup copy of this file, then replace all instances of bosweb25a with bosoraweb004 save the file & upload it, you may need to change permissions of the file on the server before you can do that, you should be able to do that with ftp

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, wondering if you can help me with one more thing? :)

I am getting the configure error msg still but I have set all my permissions. I have tried changing them to every level but still no results

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/users/web/b101/ipw.coonskaren/public_html/perfectlyposh/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Archived