• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free contributions vs Paid contributions policy

Today

Both posts that i made, in forum and contributions about a oscommerce for android package was removed, the only justification i got was: link to site with paid services it is SPAM.

But the Contribution is free, and there was a litle emphasis on paid custom services.

After dig a litle bit i found with surprise the following addon posted before mine:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7526

This contribution its not FREE! So its SPAM ?

This has not deleted why ?

so... there is some comercial Aplications that are alowed to pubblish in the forum, and in the contributions, like this one thats basicaly a paid aplication.

Thats not fair.

Maybe you will delete this post also, its the easy way to handle it.

Shame on you moderators !!!

Do not just make forum posts/topics linking to your website, those will probably be deleted or at-least the links will be removed.

You can post a contribution/add-on and you can then make a topic supporting that add-on.....

A contribution/add-on itself have to be free and GNU , but it can be connected with paid/commercial services.

Edited by toyicebear

Did you see the link to the post in contributions ?

It have a link! it is release under GNU? its free? NO !

My post mentioned a GNU and Free app. Thats why i'm asking What is realy the policy.

Because what i saw was not fair. I was at lest I was treated unequal way.

But was more than that. Was favoring a completely comercial product to one that have a free use.

Your reply you miss the point. The point is rules are only for some.

NO, the rules are the same for all...so if that add-on is in breach of the rules..report it and it will be removed.

But i did have a quick look at it and it is following the rules.

- Its released under GNU.

- All files have full unencrypted code

- The included files/code itself is free and can be used by "the downloader" as he/she sees fit.

Edited by toyicebear

Yes i did. And what i see its:

I follow the link in contribution and saw the page after redirection.

It says (copy and past)

Request 30 days trial

Purchase license

($29.99)

I belive my english is not good enought, but still not get your point.

Is this FREE GPL usefull aplication that not SPAMs a commercial service?

Are you kiding?

:(

The add-on/contribution is a bridge between oscommerce and their service.

The add-on/contribution includes only files and code which is GNU and free.

That if you chose to use the add-on/contribution together with their particular service you have to pay to do so does not mater.

That falls in the same category as most payment modules, the add-ons/contributions files/code is GNU and free ... BUT if you want to use payment providers/gateways services you will have to pay fees.

The files and code included in the add-on/contribution also represents value by themselves in that they can be modified and used for other purposes/services too.

Edited by toyicebear

@@oscandroid

I don't think a 30 day trial should be allowed in the contribution area. If you have a full working version with LIMITED capabilities that could be updated to a Complete version would be ok. But, as I said if the contribution completely expires in 30 days, then NO, in my opinion it should not be allowed in the contribution area.

Chris

@@oscandroid

I don't think a 30 day trial should be allowed in the contribution area. If you have a full working version with LIMITED capabilities that could be updated to a Complete version would be ok. But, as I said if the contribution completely expires in 30 days, then NO, in my opinion it should not be allowed in the contribution area.

I disagree, see my previous post above...

Would you then remove all PayPal Pro modules, Authorize.net modules and so on simply because they are not free to use?

Edited by toyicebear

So...

Our contribution its alike, but its also free to use android app.

But. Our post was deleted. Still not find your reply usefull to undertand what are diferent to remove my contribution.

Is not obvious, can you find any diferences to explain why my contribution was deleted ?

I cant !

I post it again in contributions.

Could you be kind to review and comment what rules it breaks?

To start that is not an add-on , its just a text document with a link to your website.

You should release a full package under GNU and have the "moderators" approved it...(large size downloads need manual approval)

Edited by toyicebear

@@oscandroid

Chris

That is the other contributuion

Mine its free for ever.

Judge for your self:

This is mine (just post ir again).

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8370

And this is the one that i point to compare

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7526

Can you see why Im not happy with the moderators?

And i doesnt think it any of the two may be deleted, just ask why deleted mine, and not that)

Edited by Jan Zonjee
approved the "big" package, changed the link to that one

To start that is not an add-on , its just a text document with a link to your website.

Yah, due to rule of 300 K.

Im waiting for the 2M package to be approved.

But i see a lot of these in contributions. It is that wrong only for me?

Sorry, but it weird !

Just to be clear.

I dont claim to remove the other contrib. I only want to post mine and be sure that will not be deleted.

I used to install osc and made money with comunity products. this is my first give back to you. Its sad.