• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

seo question - key word spelling

altoid

If I'd have a site something like www.krazykats.com what effect would a meta title and description using deliberate misspelling such as meta title: krazy kats

meta title: we sell kute but krazy kats.

have on seo? meaning using the k instead of the c

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Very little, most likely. First, krazykats is not the same as krazy kats. If you want the url to be considered, then it would have to be krazy-kats.com. If the competition for krazy kats is minimal, you will most likely end up at position one. But that would not have any meaning since so few would be searching for it. It doesn't matter if you are at position one if no one is searching for the keyword. If it has higher competition, then placement would be determined by the SEO of the site. The domain name can make a difference but is just one factor in many so it won't make a difference by itself.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Very little, most likely. First, krazykats is not the same as krazy kats. If you want the url to be considered, then it would have to be krazy-kats.com. If the competition for krazy kats is minimal, you will most likely end up at position one. But that would not have any meaning since so few would be searching for it. It doesn't matter if you are at position one if no one is searching for the keyword. If it has higher competition, then placement would be determined by the SEO of the site. The domain name can make a difference but is just one factor in many so it won't make a difference by itself.

the shop i am considering opening for a particular product line looks to be pretty competitive, most of the desirable domains i was looking are already owned . i was going to get creative by having a domain that while misspelled in the normal sense, would be intuitive and understandable for humans. so in my hypothetical case, i'd like to have crazycats.com but could settle for krazykats.com. so customers would remember...oh yea...that was the krazykat.com site i bought our bonkers kitty from. my meta title and description would use k's too perhaps.

if it's no big deal for seo one way or the other that's probably what i'll do.

thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

In that case, no, it won't help much. Google will return results that they think matches for keywords that are misspelled but the results wouldn't rank well compared to sites using the correct spelling, evenything else being equal. So I would only use the name if it makes sense for the site.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived