Latest News: (loading..)
ednique

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

872 posts in this topic

Hi. I've been looking for a contributions that lets me type in the zipcode number to get quotes so the user doesnt have to be logged in....

HAS ANYONE GOT THIS TO WORK?

cause im kinda desperate :P

From dms1217: hello all, blucollarguy or anyone else have any luck with the issue of rates not showing up unless logged in to account yet? 

From blucollarguy: Not yet. And as you can see from the many posts recently we are not alone. I have not had time to work on this yet but hope to soon, I will post any solutions I come up with. Craig 

From blkg35coupe:

I need a little help with this contribution. I have tried to scan the entire post but I could not find an answer so i apologize if it has been answered. I have installed this contribution and it works great for a customer who is logged in but I cannot get any shipping options, zip code box or anything to work for a non-registered customer. Here is the link to my test site My Webpage any ideas would be greatly appreciated

While some of us declared victory and praised the contrib, I fell victim similarly to blucollarguy and blkg35coupe. The shipping estimator doesn't show up for me whether the user is logged in or not. I'm using SICversion 2.0 on MS2<br>

<br>

To debug, I took the "if (CARTSHIP_ONOFF) condition out of shopping_cart.php and require shipping_estimator.php unconditionally. Then, the shipping estimator showed up only for the user who was logged in. I never got to see the country, state, or zip entry fields.<br>

<br>

Please shed your wisdom on us. This is an awesome contrib but it isn't working on my site. <a href:"http://donnam.com">donnam.com</a>.

I got my site to work now.

Because I suspected that the CARTSHIP_ONOFF was not being read, I went into Admin and disabled "Shipping and Order Total Estimate". Then, I enabled it again.

Works great. Great contribution. Many thanks.

Tom :D

:D Ok all, I finally got a version to work for me. :thumbsup:

Here is what I did:

Download version 1.83.

Put the "shipping_estimator.php" script in the "modules" dir just like the install says, then add the couple of lines of code to the "catalog/shopping_cart.php" file just like the install says and then in "catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php" find this bit of code

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator());

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right',

'text' => $currencies->format($cart->show_total()));

and replace it with this

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator());

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right',

'text' => $currencies->format($cart->show_total()) . '

<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL') . '" >Estimate Shipping</b></a>' );

What you will get is a text line that will appear when something has been placed in the cart that says "Estimate Shipping". The link simply goes to the "shopping_cart" file where you installed this version, which is working for me. Hope this helps someone, anyone?

Craig :)

BTW: In case anyone can't find the version that I know is working for me, I can send it to you email if you contact me. :thumbsup:

Howdy all!

I have a bit of a question, I just got done reading thru this forum hoping to find the answer to my question, but I haven't so here goes.

I just got done installing this AWSOME! contrib and all seems to be working fine (v2.00 Ship In Cart) plus the extra Fix file. I have free shipping over $ amount and this works great too! However I also have some gift certificates that I sell on my shop. I have their weight set at 0, and downloads enabled, but the shipping estimate still comes up for these "virtual" products. Is there some setting I am missing here? How do I get it so that these products don't have shipping on them in the estimate?

Thanks to everyone here for making the contrib so usefull and easy to install!

RW

hello all

i have just install ship in cart v2.0 , it did not worked. i followed all INSTRUCTIONS as it said in install file. all i got was subtotal at the bottom of the page. but Shipping Estimator had nothing in it. what i am doing wrong.

thanks

pj

I have installed the contrib, and it's half working. I only get the quotes if someone is logged in, otherwise nothing shoes up. I'm using version 2, with the fix. I undid the fix and I get the box with $0 shipping quoted, as the fix said I would.

I've seen some sites up and running that have a box for the ZIP and country if the user isn't logged in, and that's what I'm trying to achieve. Any help is very appreciated.

http://www.bargainbirch.com

Installed v2.0,, worked,, installed the fix,, which stopped the box from showing when they are not logged in.

However, there was another step that was to display a msg telling them if they log in they would see the estimator,,

When i install this,

I get an error msg.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/rqoxfyks/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php on line 349

and the code in the area in question was b4 change

344     new infoBox($info_box_contents);
345  }
346 } // Use only when cart_contents > 0
347 ?>
348             </td></tr></table>

END OF FILE

and it was to be changed to:

344     new infoBox($info_box_contents);
345 } else {
346  echo '<table align="center"><tr><td class="main"><i>Please login to view shipping and order total estimates.</i></td></tr></table>'; }
348 ?>
349             </td></tr></table>

END OF FILE

this was all copy/ pasted actually from the instructions in the fix, and then from the file in question.

I like the thoughts of having the message telling them to log in for the estimator.

Anyone have any ideals on fixing this fix?

Regards

Tom

RESOLVED!!

I found the problem myself,, <aint someone proud of me>

Anyway, I am shocked that no one else posted on this. but I will explain what I found just in case someone else has trouble.

The last step of the fix file states:

Optionally, you can also change the last line of the file so that the user is presented with a message, showing yet again why it would be to their benefit to create an account. ;)

FIND:

}

} // Use only when cart_contents > 0

CHANGE TO:

} else {

echo '<table align="center"><tr><td class="main"><i>Please login to view shipping and order total estimates.</i></td></tr></table>'; }

however, it should be changed to:

}
} else {
 echo '<table align="center"><tr><td class="main"><i>Please login to view shipping and order total estimates.</i></td></tr></table>'; }

so, in essense, there was a missing }

Hope this helps someone else.

Regards

Tom

I'm got the ultimate SEO Urls contrib installed and I think it is causing me to have problems, it has something to do with the update statements in this contrib using href="_" in them to update when you select another shipping method or address.

Anyone know how to work around this so I can fully utilize this excellent contribution?

Thanks a ton in advance!

I just want to say this contribution is fantastic. It worked straight out the box so to speak. Only took less than 5 minutes to install.

I used:

4 Jul 2004 - Ship In Cart v2.00 Author: Acheron

I did NOT apply:

7 Jul 2004 - Fix for v2.0 and all other versions Author: Acheron

Because in my scenario I have taken out Guest Welcome Text and would you like to register etc.. etc....

So unless you choose to 'Sign In' you are a Guest. I also have it setup to use a formula to calculate shipping.. so if products from range 1 to range 2 will be this much ..etc....

So to me I like the fact Guest can see the Shipping Estimate without being signed in. Just wanted to point out the fix is not totally neccessary depending on certain situations.

However, I got the impression from previous post, that in Admin side there is a way to enable or disable GUEST from viewing the Shipping Estimate, but dont see it. If that was the case, I would apply the fix..and just make sure to Enable.

Is that feature available: of enable or disable for GUEST to see Shipping Estimate.

Thanks! This is a SWEET contribution.

hello all

i have just install ship in cart v2.0 , it  did not worked. i followed all INSTRUCTIONS as it said in install file. all i got was subtotal at the bottom of the page. but  Shipping Estimator had nothing in it.  what i am doing wrong.

thanks

pj

I seem to be having the same problem as pjsingh.

After installing SIC 2.0 (July 4, 2004 by Archeron), when I go to the cart, I get the left column and main area only. In the main area, the products, subtotal, and buttons are listed. Following that is the SIC box, but there is no right column or footer.

The page source ends with a </table>, but not the <!-- SIC EOF --> that I put into shopping_cart.php, so it seems to be dying near the end of shipping_estimator.php.

If it matters, I am running OSC on my local machine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil :huh:

Edited by seafire

I had this working fine, but now I've become VAT registered so some of my prices include tax. When the cart includes taxable items the total is adding tax on twice. What do I need to change?

Hi All,

I had installed:

4 Jul 2004 - Ship In Cart v2.00

7 Jul 2004 - Fix for v2.0 and all other versions

Obviously this will now only work if the customer is logged in. I would like it to work when the customer does NOT have an account.

Can anyone tell me what I need to change to get it to work without having an account?

I got my site to work now.

Because I suspected that the CARTSHIP_ONOFF was not being read, I went into Admin and disabled "Shipping and Order Total Estimate".  Then, I enabled it again.

Maybe this is my problem... but WHERE in the world is this in Admin?

My problem is that it works fine in my first test account, and it works fine if the user is NOT logged in. But it DOESN'T work on the rest of my accounts or any new accounts after the user is logged in! This is almost opposite of everyone else's problem!

When it doesn't work, it generates this error in the UPS section of the estimator:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/rnksport/public_html/c/includes/functions/general.php on line 42
Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/rnksport/public_html/c/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Lines 40-45 of that file read:

function tep_output_string($string, $translate = false, $protected = false) {
   if ($protected == true) {
     return htmlspecialchars($string);
   } else {
     if ($translate == false) {
       return tep_parse_input_field_data($string, array('"' => '"'));

I am learning PHP, but I have no idea what this file or this part of code is doing here... so this error message doesn't help me.

Feel free to try it out on my site... Here's a link to a product, put it in your cart, you'll see the estimator... now create an account, and go back to the cart and tell me if it works! (It doesn't for me.)

Page for paintball gun

Any ideas?

Will anyone tell me where that setting is in Admin so I can try that?

>WHERE in the world is this in Admin

In admin > configuration > "click" shopping cart. then you will see the options for this. I was confused for a bit to.

good luck

>WHERE in the world is this in Admin

In admin > configuration > "click" shopping cart. then you will see the options for this. I was confused for a bit to.

good luck

??? Still confused... in my versin of Admin, there isn't any "shopping cart" to click on! I even did a browser "Search" on the page... not there! It must be renamed something else in my version... where is this link? Is it in the context menu on the left that shows up when you are in "Configuration" or is it in the main section of the page?

Hi All,

I had installed:

4 Jul 2004 - Ship In Cart v2.00

7 Jul 2004 - Fix for v2.0 and all other versions

Obviously this will now only work if the customer is logged in. I would like it to work when the customer does NOT have an account.

Can anyone tell me what I need to change to get it to work without having an account?

read my post from previous page...

Do NOT Apply:

7 Jul 2004 - Fix for v2.0 and all other versions Author: Acheron

Then it will show shipping for Guest as well

??? Still confused... in my versin of Admin, there isn't any "shopping cart" to click on!  I even did a browser "Search" on the page... not there!  It must be renamed something else in my version... where is this link?  Is it in the context menu on the left that shows up when you are in "Configuration" or is it in the main section of the page?

From Administration>>Click on 'Configuration'>>Click on 'Shopping Cart'

From Administration>>Click on 'Configuration'>>Click on 'Shopping Cart'

Like I said, there isn't any "Shopping Cart" to click on in mine!!! Not on the menu that appears underneath the word "Configuration" and not in the main section either! I even did a browser search with Ctrl-F and it can't find it!

These are the links on the left after I click on "Configuration":

My Store

Minimum Values

Maximum Values

Images

Customer Details

Shipping/Packaging

Product Listing

Stock

Logging

Cache

E-Mail Options

Download

GZip Compression

Sessions

And this is what's in the middle after I click on Configuration:

Store Name R'n'Ksports.com

Store Owner Steven Peters Retail

E-Mail Address root@localhost

E-Mail From osCommerce <root@localhost>

Country United States

Zone Florida

Expected Sort Order desc

Expected Sort Field date_expected

Switch To Default Language Currency false

Send Extra Order Emails To

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) false

Display Cart After Adding Product true

Allow Guest To Tell A Friend true

Default Search Operator and

Store Address and Phone Store Name Address Country Phone

Show Category Counts false

Tax Decimal Places 2

Display Prices with Tax false

Do you see any "Shopping Cart" there?

then you need to go back and check what you have done..... my first guess would be you forgot to add the shopping cart link...